30 Day Shred..

Options

Replies

• Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have bought the DVD... as far as i've got so far! Heard great things about it though
  • Racquel1
    Racquel1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD also and have tried it a few times its definitely a great work out, need to get back into it again!
  • louisenash12
    louisenash12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiya :D

I'm starting level 2 tomorrow. Weighed myself and I have lost 7lbs (now 13st 4lbs-think scales a bit dogdey!) and 6.5 inches from around my body which I am thrilled about. So far I have done the shred everyday, and sometimes I have added either a bit of yoga (beginners), a 30 minute section of "The biggest loser" workout or a walk after. Today I might get the Wii Zumba out after my shred lol and then walk the dogs after lunch (which will be sliced raw veg and low fat natural yoghurt with teaspoon of honey), we are expecting more snow over the next few days so might as well get out and enjoy the wintry madness :D

Please add me as a buddy :)

I will have that sexy bod for my first ever holiday in June :D I will I will I will
  • alicks11
    alicks11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I started the shred on Tuesday, woke up yest with aching muscles, but after a long day forced myself to do it at 9pm last night happy I did tho. At college today then gonna do later but am dreading the 30 days of it so would be good having someone on same days/levels as me :)
    I got a little boy his 3 tho, am just wanting one summer where I feel comftable taking him swimming, and look hot in a bikini lol hopefully!!

Keep it up will be happy with results when all done :)
  • jainew94
    Options
    currently on day 6 of the 30 day shred!
    still on level 1 but looking to start level 2 soon! ????
    feel free to add if you're looking for motivation ????
  • nikkic0890
    Options
    This is the firs time I heard about it, how does it work, I'm doing 95 day weight loss program myself
    You get the work out dvd from Walmart. There are 3 levels of it. It's an AWESOME work out. You do stretches and stuff before the workout and after the workout. It combines cardio, strength, and ab workouts. It's really great. You'll need dumbells too. I got two 2lb dumbells. I'm gonna work myself up with those. I'd definitely recommend it. It was easier for me yesterday. If you do it though, be sure to have water on hand. You'll want to be drinking it lol
  • brownmousemama
    brownmousemama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing the 30 day shred, but combined with the Couchto5K, so I'd be doing the shred on the off days from the C25K days (which I am currently doing MWF. I'll be your buddy!
    Great, I'm going to add you!=) What is couch to 5k?? I've heard of it but never really researched..
    It's a running program that gets you from Couch Potato to running a 5K in 8 weeks.It alternates running and walking, with more running less walking as you get further in the program. It's awesome so far, but I just started.
  • joimichele
    Options
    I'm doing my second round! Feel free to add me!
  • JessView
    JessView Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    DVD Arrived today, this weekend it will begin. I think 5 days a week gym + this could really help :)
  • Redheadedsunshine
    Redheadedsunshine Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've done it and it's amazing... I'm not starting it until next week while I get back into the habit of exercising... Feel free to add me!
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred today and really enjoyed it. Feel free to add me!
  • bslaf5
    bslaf5 Posts: 16
    Options
    Today was my day 1 too....I need to get lighter weights for some of the exercises, but great workout overall
  • klwinters81
    klwinters81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred. Today was day 1. I had to do the modified versions of some of the exercises. Hopefully in a week or more I can do the regular version. It was a great workout.
  • Poecile
    Poecile Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 (restarting after the winter holidays)! Welcome to MFP! Trust me when I say this, you WILL see your endurance changing after a few days. :smile:

As for Mountain Dew, I used to be super addicted to that, and all kinds of energy drinks. When I was in an art program, I spent a whole weekend awake and HIGHLY caffeinated to finish and refine ALL of my projects before a crit. Then there was the weekend that I drank ONLY 12 cans of mountain dew (6 saturday, 6 sunday). I decided on Monday that I would never drink it again, dumped the remaining case down the sink.

...I spent 9 days in caffeine withdrawal. Now, I never touch sodas or coffee--the only caffeine I get now is from tea.
  • nadziega
    nadziega Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred. Today was day 1. I had to do the modified versions of some of the exercises. Hopefully in a week or more I can do the regular version. It was a great workout.

It was may first day also, and I think it went well. The only thing I did modify were the push-ups. I have never been good at them and honestly I don't think I ever will.
  • nikkic0890
    Options
    I just finished Day 3 of the shred... It was a great workout. Intense, but good! Feeling it in my abs now... didn't know I had any! LOL
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just started using MFP and also started 30 day shred Monday. We're pretty sore but did it a few years ago and know it will get better. I need to find the schedule though ... Is it every single day? Then go up a level every 10 days? Might change that to one level every month and aim for 90 days instead.

PS if you don't have 30DS there's another thread that says it's free on YouTube
  • nikkic0890
    Options
    My wife and I just started using MFP and also started 30 day shred Monday. We're pretty sore but did it a few years ago and know it will get better. I need to find the schedule though ... Is it every single day? Then go up a level every 10 days? Might change that to one level every month and aim for 90 days instead.

PS if you don't have 30DS there's another thread that says it's free on YouTube
    In the DVD I have, Jillian says to move to the next level when you're ready. I am going to keep with it every day! I think you have to if you want the awesome results. I'm going to do the one level every month also=) Please feel free to add me!!
  • italydream
    Options
    Hey Guys!!!

I am new here. I just wanted to introduce myself... I thought of making my own post but as you guys seem to be new at this too and are doing the same workout that I am doing I thought that there was no better place than this one to introduce myself.

I started with 30 days shred since last week. I did the first two workout just fine, I was able to complete them and if a stop I made sure it was only for 5-10 seconds. But after that I just felt really awful when trying to do the exercise and I haven't been able to do it anymore. Don't know what it's wrong with me. But don't worry guys I haven't given up!!! I have allow these past two days for my body to recover and I've been doing some stretches. This weekend I'll do some yoga or Pilates and I next week I will see myself face to face with Jillian Again.

Wish me luck!!!!

Best wishes guys
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I started with 30 days shred since last week. I did the first two workout just fine, I was able to complete them and if a stop I made sure it was only for 5-10 seconds. But after that I just felt really awful when trying to do the exercise and I haven't been able to do it anymore. Don't know what it's wrong with me.

How did you feel? Muscle soreness or pain? Or something else?

I kind of overdid it on the first day with push-ups and free weights so I'm paying for that until the soreness goes away.