I love food and have lost nearly 30 lbs doing it!

Options
I have written this several times: I LOVE FOOD.
I love to try new stuff, I hate routine. My traveling is probably more food oriented than anything.
But I am still losing weight!
My secret: I hate fixed menus. I enjoy eating diverse. .
But losing weight without absolutely NO deprivation is VERY simple, and fast too!
FIT YOURSELF IN THE RIGHT CAL BUDGET!
The basic idea is to keep your food dairy every day counting what you eat!
Once you start counting you wil realize what is that you like and what you fill your budget with.
But to keep a budget means that you must be as precise as possible counting your food intakes. That is why, buying a simple FOOD SCALE is key!
It is not what you eat but how much!
I discovered that a flexible weekly cal budget works magnificently! Who cares if you had your slice of pizza? Wasting your precious time worrying about the delicious chocolate you just had? No sense! Just enjoy it! Calcount it and see how it fits.
If you need help, you MFP pals are here to help you and guide you!

Any questions? Just shoot!

Replies

• firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^
    this
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Up here, Fireman is a man who loves food and masters fast foods! A great menu picker and still manages to happily lose weight! Way to go my man!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I approve this message.
  • Dyanicky61
    Options
    My husband and I have started walking two miles a day and counting calories for two weeks as of today . Week one he lost 6 pounds and I lost 3 . This week I was hoping to loose the same and instead after stepping up the walking with 3 lb weights . He put back on three pounds , and I lost only half a pound :( Im so depressed
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    totally agree :smile:
  • rvicini
    Options
    First of all, if both are working together is great. I am walking with her too and is fun for both of us.
    Six pounds in a week is not by any means normal. Losing one or two pounds per week is cool and in 25 weeks you will have 25 lbs lost.
    There are also issues of water retention or food left for process so the weight oscillates and your weighting day, if you have one. It may depend more on focused events such as too much protein consumption the day before, for instance, or increasing your water retention due to excess sodium consumption or not drinking enough water. Did you weight before breakfast? Is your scale precise enough? THERE ARE A LOT OF VARIABLES.
    What is important is the trend. And so far is positive. Start from a point and watch the trend! You both have lost weight! Keep going!
  • rvicini
    Options
    Need motivation? just ask!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    People also need to step away from the idea that they are going to do this for a short period and then go back tot heir old life....this is not about dieting but about realizing what YOUR realistic "budget" is and measuring expenses/food against income/calorie expenditure. This has to be a lifetime change.

Also step away from the scale, many things affect the daily scale fluctuations. Eat well, move as much as you can, drink water. Some lose fast and some slow but if we stick to what we are doing we will be healthier!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I agree totally.I eat what I like.Not low fat low cal cardboard!
  • rvicini
    Options
    C'mon. if I am doing it, you can also..
  • rvicini
    Options
    This post shows what a lovely group of pals I have! Thank you guys!