Weight Gain

Options
I am using this site/app to keep track of my daily calories. My goal is to gain around 30-40 pounds. Is there anyone else on here to do the same?

Replies

• funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why 30-40 pounds? If you're gaining weight solely with a calorie surplus, you're going to gain 30-40 pounds of fat. If you're looking to have some curves, some fat gain is good, but maybe you should consider strength training and gaining some weight in muscle instead. :)

That being said, there's lots of people on MFP looking to gain weight. Hope you find some great friends!

ETA: I've just never seen anybody on MFP looking to gain so much, so I hope you're not offended or anything. Sorry! :P
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you might find a few people who need to gain....but most of us are not that lucky...and we needed to lose weight. I am just in trying to stay were I am at now : )

Good luck
  • macelmer
    macelmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I too use this website as a way to track my daily intake of calories in an effort to gain weight. I have found that it is all about the numbers, as long as you set your calorie goal at 2000 per day and consistently meet or exceed this, you will gain weight. Best of luck!!:smile:
  • Mzbrown1982
    Options
    No i'm not offended. Im really small and just want to curve out some. I currently way 125 and i'm 5'7...Picture that. 20 would suffice....maybe not 40 i didn't realize i put so much.
  • Larmed3
    Options
    I am a US size 0 and also trying to put on some weight too. I am 5'7 and weigh 120. Any progress yet?
  • mgloreth
    Options
    My goal is to gain about 25 lbs feel free to add me
  • expor
    expor Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm using MFP to gain (Not a huge amount, in fact I'll most likely be converting what fat I have to muscle) I'm around 13.5 stone and happy to go to 14 stone (I'm 6'1)

Using MFP really shows me how much better it actually is to keep to your calorie goals, It's very impressive the amount of products they have in their food db to keep track of literally everything you do.

So in my opinion if your goal is to lose or gain, MFP really is awesome. But I wouldn't just eat to put fat on, a bit of fat is fine, but exercise is hugely important to keeping healthy
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    trying to gain 100lbs of pure muscle tissue. Not going to happen but we gotta dream big to get big!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm also a gainer ...up 13lbs so far. Currently maintaining.
  • babystepsforward
    babystepsforward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain, would love some muscle, to tone up and get some curves. any help/friedns would be much appreciated x