Newly Diagnosed Celiac

Options
Hello everyone! I just rejoined MFP a little over a week ago after being away for nearly 2 years. Within my first week back on here, I received the diagnosis of Celiac Disease. I am overwhelmed by all the information out there, but hopeful that I will finally be able to reach my weight loss goals. I have been gluten free for almost a week and I've lost 6 pounds already. My biggest concern is getting enough calories... Any tips would be great!

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Oh well.. heres to felling better and understanding your body! I have lots of food allegeries but not of gluten.

But I can tell you I follow this blog and she has fantasic recipes. oh she glows dot com

and just click onher recipes tabs. Lots of options
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am gluten and wheat intolerant so feel free to add me if you need ideas, you can peek in my diary! Its daunting and overwhelming at first to have to check every single little thing but once you get used to it its no biggie! There are so many things you can have as alternatives so dont fret! Peanut butter is a great one, also I use protein shakes to get enough protein in when exercising, and a lot of eggs, meat and fresh veg and fruit. I usually have carbs in the form of rice, rice noodles, gluten free brown bread, gluten free pasta or potatoes.
    Niamh
    xxx
  • craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cookies

" They are gluten free and dairy free!

2 cups peanut butter
    2 cups sugar
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    Mix all of it together to the point that you can scoop it and roll into a ball. Roll into a ball about the size of a small walnut and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. With a fork press a crisscross pattern on the top of each one. You will need to wet the fork in warm water after each cookie. You can sprinkle the tops with a little more sugar, or not. It's up to you! Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Don't over bake or they will get too hard. This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies. this is what I eat when I need something sweet.

20 cookies= 100 Cals, 8 carbs, 7 fat, 3 protein, 64 sodium, 1 fiber, I use a cookie scoop it makes 20.
    24 cookies 84 cals, 7 carbs, 6 fat, 3 protein, 53 sodium, 1 fiber