i wanna EAT

Options
Is there something seriously wrong with me? Because all I want to do lately is EAT. I just love eating! Especially things with a lot of calories in them!

I certainly hope this will pass pretty soon.

Has anybody ever gone through a phase where they just wanted to EAT EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME?

thanx...
sue

Replies

• schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Was just there recently......Drink more water, step up the exercise, and eat a few things with a little more fat in them....in moderation of course, but likely your body is trying to tell you your not getting the right balance.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. I've been craving EVERYTHING the past couple of days..it's like I dream of food constantly! I think I may be cutting out too much. I'm hoping it goes away too!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    That was yesterday for me. I just tried to make better choices than what I would have otherwise and gave my body fuel instead of just food.
  • red3367
    red3367 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yep!! Been there, done that.

I usually crave chocolate or just something sweet. So I get the low calorie hot chocolate and keep low calorie fruit around so I can eat pretty much all the time, but I get my chocolate. It's not as good as regular hot chocolate, but I am not regretting it at the end of the day and I am still within my allowed calories.
  • goldsguy
    goldsguy Posts: 58
    Options
    I've wanted a 1/4lb hot dog with the works for a week now, but I didn't cave. Think of where you want to be, have the will to succeed
  • koneill
    koneill Posts: 26
    Options
    Um yeah my phase has lasted about 31 years and still going strong!! I love food.
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You need to figure out if its boredom hunger or actual hunger.
    Paul Mckenna ( http://www.paulmckenna.com/default.aspx )
    has a book and has done a tv show about losing weight.
    one thing he said on the show and in the book is that boredom hunger is a sudden feeling. real hunger builds gradually.
    if your sat watching tv your mind might wander and think ooh theres chocolate in the cupboard down stairs and your brain will start imagining what it tastes like. and it will make you want it more. there is a technique that paul mckenna shows on a vid (i have posted below) and its a tapping technique that really works and helps you figure out if it is boredom hunger.
    if you are hungry then it wont go away until you have sorted it but if its boredom hunger then change what your doing and see if your still hungry afterwards.
    give this a watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv1JBZ197Q
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    "Um yeah my phase has lasted about 31 years and still going strong!! I love food. "
    Oh man this made me laugh!

Well, I guess I'm not alone then. I don't think I'm really hungry........I just want to eat stuff that is really good (or not good?) .
    Like homemade strawberry shakes with Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream and lots of fresh strawberries and possibly whip cream on top.

And Keeblers Shortbread cookies.........where the normal portion is TWO cookies (160 calories) and I want to eat about 5 of them with my tea. But I didn't. I only ate 3. ohh dear.

And those little bags filled with these teeny little yummy cookies all for only 100 calories! Except I want another bag when I finish the first bag.

Or a big ol' giant bowl of granola w/milk and bananas. One zillion calories at least. lol!

Please God get me out of this thing, this trap....whatever it is! and back to my normal eating.
  • becca09
    Options
    when it comes to actual hunger and your craving chocolate or something then have some.
    i have chocolate and pizza and pepsi if i want and if i am hungry. i just have it in moderation. i might have 2 slices of pizza.
    or i might have 4 squares of dark chocolate ( dark chocolate isnt as bad as milk and white chocolate) 4 squares of the dark chocolate i have is 125 cals which isnt too bad if you feel you really need it.
    dont cut out the foods that are bad for you totally, it will only make you want them more.
  • elliesanford
    Options
    I have been having a terrible time over the last 5 months. I managed to lose 50 pounds and have gained 20 back:blushing: over the past 5 months. Schaapj2 and Becca09 thank you for your great advice. I am working on the consistency peice of staying within my calories and fat, etc. I cut out diet pepsi 2 weeks ago and that is helping a little. Keep on keeping on! Ellen :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Um yeah my phase has lasted about 31 years and still going strong!! I love food.
    :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

I was going to suggest to the OP it might be PMS but then I saw your reply so I don't think I'll offer you the same thoughts:glasses: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • suziblues2000
    Options
    Becca: wow thank you. I do believe that it is boredom. Boredom was always a trigger for me. Very dangerous!

I will check out the video.
    Thanx again.
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hang on in there, Suzy. Look at how much you've lost already, you must be doing something right. Keep strong....x
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You need to figure out if its boredom hunger or actual hunger.
    Paul Mckenna ( http://www.paulmckenna.com/default.aspx )
    has a book and has done a tv show about losing weight.
    one thing he said on the show and in the book is that boredom hunger is a sudden feeling. real hunger builds gradually.
    if your sat watching tv your mind might wander and think ooh theres chocolate in the cupboard down stairs and your brain will start imagining what it tastes like. and it will make you want it more. there is a technique that paul mckenna shows on a vid (i have posted below) and its a tapping technique that really works and helps you figure out if it is boredom hunger.
    if you are hungry then it wont go away until you have sorted it but if its boredom hunger then change what your doing and see if your still hungry afterwards.
    give this a watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQv1JBZ197Q
    Very helpful post! Thank you:drinker:
  • becca09
    Options
    I was the exact same way. i used to come home and grab a snack. then i would have my dinner then have desert then later on have another snack. i was really bad.
    but since doing the 1,200 cals a day i have changed totally. i noticed that there is an average of about 4-5 hours inbetween my real hunger pangs so if i got a need for the crisps in the cupboard i would think to myself 'no thats just boredom hunger, you ate 2 hours ago. just wait for lunch, ill make it worth your while' lol but it works. it wasnt real hunger. the closest ive come to a snack is straight after coming home from the gym i might be a bit hungry so i would grab an apple or a plum and that would be my snack. one (approx 50 cal) snack a day isnt bad at all.
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Same here today!! I've managed to lay off a bit today but I'm fed up for a number of reasons and just want to eat!! Argh!!

I think I'm going to take a look at that Paul McKenna vid too
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Have you given yourself the occasional high calorie day or two? Last Sunday I was just so cranky because all I wanted to do was eat and I was feeling so restricted. So, I decided to go out to pizza and have a cupcake with my boyfriend (he was pretty sick of my crankiness too). I felt so much better for the rest of the week. I was able to stay on target calorie-wise and resist a lot of the daily temptations I faced during the week. (Plus, I still lost a pound! Woohoo!) I'm having two high calorie days this weekend. Partially because of some social events that I haven't wanted to miss out on and partially because I really feel like it helped my mood to loosed up a bit last weekend. The trick is to be able to take a high calorie day or two and then get "back on the wagon". It really did help keep me from that "OMG! I JUST WANNA EAT EVERYTHING" feeling during the week, though.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Everytime when I get to that time of the month!!!!!
  • suziblues2000
    Options
    Hi Funny! My husband just went and got me some peppermint life savers; somebody said they work pretty good when craving sweets PLUS they work good when craving a cigarette too...so I'll try that.

Thank you for the support!
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good for your husband Suzy - he sounds like a good support!

I think Kait is right - if you get a munchy day it's OK to have a day off. The thing is you can only do this if you know you're the sort of person who is strong enough. Some people can never have a day off the regime, because it will signal the end of the diet. But it's not the real world or real life is it? Some day or other the calorie counting has to end, we'll reach our goal, and we HAVE to adjust to eating normally which inevitably means eating stuff we wouldn't dream of eating now. It's about knowing what you can - or can't - handle at the moment.

Is "diet" a bad word - it's got to be about healthy changes for life?