*** A good way to keep your water intake high ***

Options
Convert addictive behaviours to your benefit!!

Fill up a gym bottle with water (the ones you have to use suction to drink water), any form of sucking behaviour is addictive (that is why people get addicted to sucking on cigarettes, and children sucking on thumbs etc..), and start sipping water from it every 2 mins, a small amount (so that you don't bloat), like smoking a cigarette!!

With this I managed to take TWO EXTRA LITRES per day of water without even knowing it, and now I can't stop!!

And when its empty - walk to the tap and refill - gives me an excuse to get up and take a walk during my sedentary computer job!

I have tried numerous other ways to have my water intake, but those never worked. You keep working and forget to drink water.
With this, now it has become a reflex and I do so without any thought at all.

This might also have the effect of having you living in the bathroom
You could either:
(1) Welcome this as a chance to get up from your sedentary desk job
(2) Or mix a pinch of salt in the water - so you don't have to use the bathroom as often!

Replies, suggestions welcome :):):)

Replies

• Edwardo27
    Edwardo27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! :) Ive always found just going for it when drinking out of a pint helps - fills you up too! But i might try this!
  • cesereda
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea, I will give it a shot, thank you.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to keep your water intake high? There is no benefit to excessive water consumption and it can be hard on your kidneys as well as deplete necessary minerals from your system. If your urine is pale yellow you are hydrated.
  • shyam3001
    Options
    Why do you want to keep your water intake high? There is no benefit to excessive water consumption and it can be hard on your kidneys as well as deplete necessary minerals from your system. If your urine is pale yellow you are hydrated.

Well I was told by my personal trainer to drink 4 liters of water a day, as I am 222lb's and that amount of water is necessary to flush out the toxins and keep my hydrated (so they said).
    Because from the tests they found that I tend to store water with my fat cells (kind of like a camel - so they said), because I don't drink enough water and my body tends to store it..
    This is actually true because I do a desk job and hardly drink any water for hours and hours.. I have always found the problem of adapting to water drinking since I came to the UK from Sri Lanka (UK is cold compared to warm Sri Lanka, I don't sweat, so I don't drink..)
    Even by working out in the gym I take my bottle and consume about 500ml - 1L of water (about 2L daily).

So I developed this method to keep my water intake up to 4L a day..

I guess one should do this if it is required - like in my case................... Just shared as I believe there I am not the only person having this problem.....
  • shyam3001
    Options

P.S. in the past I used to have dark yellow coloured urine, now its pale yellow to white.
    Your benchmark is good for me to measure the outcome!!
    Many thanks for your idea :):)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Someone has to make a joke about being addicted to sucking motions.... come on now.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Funny I dislike those bottles. I drive around all day and carry a 2 qt insulated cooler thingie you can drink out of, I may look silly at a stoplight but I don't care, in the summer I bring 2 of them, I'm in Florida.

http://www.igloocoolers.com/Beverage/All-Beverage/1-2-Gallon-Sport-with-Chain-Links
  • shyam3001
    Options
    Someone has to make a joke about being addicted to sucking motions.... come on now.

My original post had that joke included, but I edited and removed it for obvious reasons :P
  • shyam3001
    Options
    Funny I dislike those bottles. I drive around all day and carry a 2 qt insulated cooler thingie you can drink out of, I may look silly at a stoplight but I don't care, in the summer I bring 2 of them, I'm in Florida.

http://www.igloocoolers.com/Beverage/All-Beverage/1-2-Gallon-Sport-with-Chain-Links

How do you drink from that?