Losing 1lb a week really works

Options
Started changing my eating lifestyle after a hypertension scare 157/95...no more chinese food. Myfitnesspal helps me keep track of my sodium, calories, carbs and fat. Now that I track my sodium intake religiously, I realized I cannot eat out at all....cooking at home is a must...doesn't matter to me, I want to live. I lost 16lbs so far and I am going to keep on moving until I reach 160lbs. :bigsmile:

Replies

• raoflight
    raoflight Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl! Way to take charge of your life. Live it to the fullest!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    i like your attitude.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congrats lady. Slow and steady is the way to go. Keep it up.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Youlost 16 lbs, fantastic! Does that mean you've been keeping track for 16 weeks? You're doing amazing keep at it
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I think I needed to read this.. Sodium is also kicking my *kitten*.
  • Edwardo27
    Edwardo27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done. Great attitude. I really believe that slow and steady is the BEST way. 1lb a week is more manageable and less restrictive. Sodium is a nightmare - hence why i also love that you can check what salt/sugar/fat you are eating. My problem is SUGAR! (sweet tooth)

Keep up the hard work! xx
  • smoochies46
    Options
    you go girl im so proud of u chica...SMOOCHES!!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    good job! it's true - there's only one way to lose a lot of weight - one pound at a time.

my brother likes to do a lot of cooking and freezing on the weekend so he has plenty to eat during the week. i like to cook one meal that serves 4 (so my husband and i can eat it twice) three times a week and very carefully go out once a week.

it is absolutely shocking to read the nutrition labels and find that one serving of (fill in the blank) has almost the entire day's allowance of sodium.

i have some advice - see a nutritionist, get a crock pot if you go to work all day, and familiarize yourself with signs of a stroke and heart attack and formulate a plan of action so that if you have a health crisis you will recognize it and know what to do. forewarned is forearmed.

one pound at a time.
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • ShaunShaunphenomenon
    Options
    Congrats, and keep at it. I tried the two pounds, but trust me, a pound a week is plenty! you're doing awesome.