Pizza Rolls!...you are Lucifer disguised in little mini pock

Options
I didn't do it! THANK GOD! ...but I wanted to so bad!

I had a stray bag of pizza rolls in the deep freeze that my daughter found. So they wanted pizza rolls for lunch. I cooked them up...they smelled so good. I wanted to cry. I was breaking...it was gonna happen...and I was hating myself for it. I fixed theirs....and put some on a plate for myself....through tears...

Then...out of nowhere....my willpower surfaced...and those tears of failure became tears of happiness as I put that plate of pizza rolls in the sink and squirted soap all over them so it would be impossible to eat them :bigsmile:

I promptly fixed myself a veggie burger instead...and my day can remain good with my self esteem in tact. :)

Replies

• ashley_alm
    ashley_alm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! i too have that same problem with kids foods and will power!
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Great job....way to resist those little Lucifers!
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Oww..poor pizza rolls :(
  • saintdee
    saintdee Posts: 8
    Options
    I have a homeme cake in my kitchen staring at me,sigh, I wish it would sprout legs and RUN like the wind out of my house, LOL
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    just a question, if we find it bad for us why do we feed it to our kids?

The soap part made me laugh... i could picture it.
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    I have a homeme cake in my kitchen staring at me,sigh, I wish it would sprout legs and RUN like the wind out of my house, LOL

I friend turned me on to a WW recipe she found for a cake consisting of nothing but cake mix and a can of pumpkin. She made chocolate muffins with it using a chocolate cake mix and they were AWESOME. I made a carrot cake mix with it and IT was awesome. Somewhere in the range of 130 calories per slice. Not bad....big on the sugar...but you get the pumpkin benefits :)
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yeah, doesn't it seem impossible to de-junkify the house? There's always something really bad hiding somewhere, and the bad stuff is always easier to eat, just open the bag and put it in your mouth.
  • rmccully
    Options

I friend turned me on to a WW recipe she found for a cake consisting of nothing but cake mix and a can of pumpkin. She made chocolate muffins with it using a chocolate cake mix and they were AWESOME. I made a carrot cake mix with it and IT was awesome. Somewhere in the range of 130 calories per slice. Not bad....big on the sugar...but you get the pumpkin benefits :)

That sounds good. do you add any water or anything? I would like to try it

How did the carrot cake taste? Did it taste like carrot cake even with the pumpkin in it?
  • fiendiish
    Options
    just a question, if we find it bad for us why do we feed it to our kids?

I typically don't...which is why I THOUGHT all that crap had been cleaned OUT of my pantry and freezers. That bag was hiding...and they have been SO GOOD about eating right with me...they are allowed a treat now and then. They shouldn't be COMPLETELY deprived of treats.
  • fiendiish
    Options

How did the carrot cake taste? Did it taste like carrot cake even with the pumpkin in it?

Nope, no water. Just cake mix and a can of pumpkin (the small can..not the big huge ones). Mix it up, spread it in a pan or muffin pan...and cook it at 375 until it's done...about 20-25 min. Check with a toothpick.

The carrot cake tasted like carrot cake...a hint of pumpkin. The chocolate muffins my friend made though you can not taste the pumpkin AT ALL. They were delish...nice and fudgy and killed that sweet tooth.
  • rmccully
    Options

Nope, no water. Just cake mix and a can of pumpkin (the small can..not the big huge ones). Mix it up, spread it in a pan or muffin pan...and cook it at 375 until it's done...about 20-25 min. Check with a toothpick.

The carrot cake tasted like carrot cake...a hint of pumpkin. The chocolate muffins my friend made though you can not taste the pumpkin AT ALL. They were delish...nice and fudgy and killed that sweet tooth.

I will have to remember pumpkin next time at the store. Thank you for the idea, it sounds great.
  • badloki13
    badloki13 Posts: 15
    Options
    For me, Lucifer is in the Oreo Blizzard from Dairy Queen.. and//or Japanese food.. OMG! lol.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Good job way to hang in there!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • nataliemrice
    nataliemrice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    these are what i eat when i want some pizza rolls:

http://www.michelinas.com/ProductByBrand_LG_10654_Pepperoni_Pizza_Snack_Rolls_1Lean_Gourmet.aspx

they are surprising tasty and affordable, and 200 calories :)
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    Omg. i loooooooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeee Pizza Rolls! But you did the right thing!!!
  • peachesndiesel78
    Options
    Love those! My husband and I like to refer to them as "fat pockets".
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    AAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... SOO Funny, I have to do the same with ICE CREAM!!!!!
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    these are what i eat when i want some pizza rolls:

http://www.michelinas.com/ProductByBrand_LG_10654_Pepperoni_Pizza_Snack_Rolls_1Lean_Gourmet.aspx

they are surprising tasty and affordable, and 200 calories :)

These might have a TON of sodium in them, most pre packaged meals do, try making it yourself-the sodium will be worse than the fat or calories b/c it holds water and will make you sleepy and feel gross.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

Here a reciepe from ww

Those counting calories or monitoring their sugar intake will find their mouths water with sweet-tooth delight at this quick and easy reduced calorie, reduced fat, reduced sugar recipe. The cake, topped with frosting, comes in at 2 points per serving using the Weight Watchers program.
    Ingredients

* 1 Package Pillsbury Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar Cake Mix (Classic Yellow, Devil's Food Cake, Classic White, or Lemon)
    * 1 12 oz. can of diet soda

Instructions

Preheat oven and prepare pan for baking as directed on cake mix box. Slowly pour the can of soda into a mixing bowl. Empty the contents of cake mix into the bowl. It is important to introduce the mix into the soda and stir gently. While baking, the effervescent soda helps the cake to rise. Pouring the soda into the mix or stirring to forcefully will result in a flatter cake. Batter should be stirred just until moistened.

To make portioned servings, use batter to make 24 cupcakes being sure to use cup cake liners. Alternatively, cake pans may also be used. Bake according to directions on box.
    Icing Options

Cupcakes can be frosted with 2 tablespoons of low fat whipped topping without affecting its point total. Also, to offer a richer flavor, one might try combining 1 1/2 cups of fat free vanilla yogurt with one package of Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Cheesecake Pudding. Mix thoroughly and top with 2 tablespoons per cupcake just before serving.
    Choosing the Right Cake Flavor and Diet Soda

Pairing the cake mix and soda is crucial to flavor, but is not rocket science. For those hankering a lemon cake, the choice is obvious - lemon lime soda. Chocolate cake taste bests if a diet chocolate soda can be found (check out Waist Watchers Soda brand). If this somewhat elusive flavor cannot be found, opt for a diet cola or cream soda instead. Yellow and white cake mixes work well with lemon lime or cream sodas.

Read more at Suite101: Weight Watchers Two Point Cupcakes: Low Calorie, Reduced Sugar Dessert Cake Recipe http://diet-food-trends.suite101.com/article.cfm/weight_watchers_two_point_cupcakes#ixzz0m9Y9QOYh
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!