Protein Shakes Recipes

Options
So I finally decided to try protein shakes for the 1st time EVER yesterday...I used Designer Whey Chocolate, I put milk & peanut butter in the blender, it was Ok, just needed sum Stevia. This morning I took another approach, I tried chocolate cocoa, peanut butter, 1/2 cup of 2% milk, 1/2 cup of water, 3 ice cubes & a banana! DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Share sum of your BEST protein shake recipes with me please!!!!

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You can also use PB2 instead of peanut butter, (if you're looking for a lower calorie option).
  • Amabuela
    Options
    There's a powdered peanut butter called PB2 you can get online (just google it) that has only 45 calories in 2 tablespoons. I use it instead of real peanut butter to flavor my smoothies. It tastes wonderful with a fraction of the calories.
  • lhabedank
    lhabedank Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i use chocolate protein powder, frozen strawberries and bananas (sold by dole already cut up) a lil almond butter and water...yummy
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I agree pb2 is about 45 calories. I do a spinanch smootie. I use two cups of spinach, two tbsp pb2, 3/4 cup almond milk, 50z cup of greek yogurt any flavor, banana. I sometimes add a scoop of whey protein
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's not a shake but... 1 scoop of whey protein (i've tried chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry banana) with half a cup of plain greek yogurt turns into a super protein rich pudding. I usually toss in frozen blueberries and cinnamon. Super tasty.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just started using protein powder too and need ideas as well! I made the protein mug cake last night and it was pretty good. I make oatmeal based smoothies with fruit and I think I might try adding protein powder to those. I also agree about the awesomeness of PB2, I bought it at Whole foods, if you have one of those by you.
  • lyninit2winit
    lyninit2winit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My Late Night Dessert ::: OFF the Hook!

4 oz light Silk Soy milk
    1/2 cup Nonfat Yogurt
    1 scoop Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Protein Powder Cookies and Cream Flavor
    1 tbsp honey
    2tbsp sugar free fat free white choc jello mix
    1 tbsp Peanut butter
    2 ice cubes

Just needed a few cals to add ...
    Lord tastes like a Candy Bar!