Big BANG Theory

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I would like to know what people think is funny about this show. I've watched 2 episodes and didn't even crack a smile.

Because it resembles real life for some of us nerds.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    I gave it a try at first because I LOVE Johnny Galecki, had a HUGE crush on David when I was younger!!

I LOVE this show, hands down one of the best two sitcoms on TV (Modern Family being the other one)

I think it is telling how little Howard was brought up so far in this thread, my kids don't care for him either.

Last weeks episode is one of my favorites so far, I watched it twice!

One things about the apartment cost. I found they were always kinda wishy washy on this. As, there is one episode where Sheldon tells Leonard that if he could afford the rent himself, he would ask him to leave, yet there is another episode where Howard finds a drawer full of uncashed paychecks, in which Sheldon tells him he is saving those as most of the things he wants to buy have not been invented yet. Also, there is the episode where he loans Penny money, and seems to have tons of extra money laying around in action figures and all kinds of things. So which is it? That always bothered me......

I think Sheldon has money- he comes from money but I think he likes leonard being around just doesnt want to admit it :) scared of commitment from fam issues is what I am thinking ....plus a lil eccentric :)

I believe this too... Why else would Sheldon go to great lengths to keep Leonard in the apartment during the times that Leonard chooses to break the contract for whatever reason?
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Wonder if Raj could learn sign language???

Love BBT, but then I'm a geekette married to a geek.

You know your a BBT fan if....
    You always sing the theme song and never miss the 'BANG'.
    You can sing Soft Kitty.....

Psh! I have the theme song on my iPad... my daughter LOVES it.
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I always thought it's normal that Sheldon and Leonard share an apartment because it's realistic, especially for CA. But it's true that Sheldon seems to have more than enough money, at least at this stage of his career. Perhaps he couldn't afford it when he was first looking for a roommate, but now he's too attached to Leonard to live on his own. As for Penny, I agree it's a little weird that she has her own apartment, but she probably gets help from Leonard quite often. Or stays behind in her bills. Sheldon would have a panic attack if he couldn't pay a bill :laugh:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    1. He hasn't been drunk long enough to secure a relationship

this made me laugh lol. He'd need to invest in alcohol haha
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    IN
    Love
    With
    BBT!

that is all :)

Oh and Kaley Cuoco AMAZING MY FAV I LOVE HER AND HER 3 RESCUE PITTIES!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :heart:
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Big Bang Theory is the ONLY network tv show I watch. Love those guys. Btw...I love the newest episode "The Bakersfield Expedition". None of my friends understand why I love this show either. My husband and oldest son tell me that it's stupid so I tell them that they just don't understand it :)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    they have a realy good physicist doing the boards and writing the scientific part of the script...

Yes, I know, but still, they are doing a fantastic job. They show things that are at the front line of today's research and that's impressive.

yes I agree
    what I mean it that they made effort to hire proffesional guy to make sure everything is in order
    impressive

I LOVE LOVE LOVE BBT
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Funniest. Show. Ever!

Love BBT!! The one a couple of weeks ago where Sheldon was accused of sexual harrassment was HILARIOUS....probably because I work in HR..lol!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love the show! Even have the ringtone on my phone. Ok...I'm a geek and proud of it. Geeks rule!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    BBT is the best thing on tv at the moment!!

Whats wrong with people who don't like it - do you not have a sense of humour?
  • leanngreen
    leanngreen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband love BBT and neither of us are geeks! LOL

OK, maybe my daughter is, she wants the T-shirt with Sheldon and Bazinga
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think Season 5 had some boring episodes, but overall Season 6 (to me) is doing great. I own Seasons 1-5 and I watch it all the time. I can't believe how much Penny has changed!
    I love Sheldon & Amy's relationship. My favorite character is Sheldon (duh) then comes Raj & Wolowitz (I love their buddy relationship!). I agree with someone else who said the Leonard/Penny relationship is dragging on. And, Leonard can be really boring at times. It's like COME ON grow a pair ALREADY! lol
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It's a shame that they have to dumb it down for the neurotypicals.

You can make your own egg holder:

sheldon_cooper_2_0_template_by_ditch_scrawls-d4epqyi.jpg
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a vauge concern that they're trying to make Penny "stupid" this season - I don't think they have yet but I could see how they'd do it and I don't want that to happen.
    I'd really like them to address the Raj/alcohol/girl situation - I think the writers putting some time into that would be interesteing instead of just using him as an ethnic gag half the time.
    To contradict my previous point - lets do another Bollywood dance number because THAT was hilarious.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Penny's apartment is a one-bedroom and is MUCH smaller than the boys' apartment. Look at her tiny living room, for example, and the small bathroom is through her little bedroom.

I can sort of buy that she can afford it. When I worked as a server, I didn't have to buy many groceries because I mostly ate at work. When she does cook at home, it's always spaghetti. She eats take-out with the boys, which they buy for her. She always talks about how her credit cards are maxed, and she drives that old car.

I loved the episode from the first season, I think, when they bought the Time Machine from the movie and the boys were running around like they were in fast-forward while Leonard was operating the machine. :) That was awesome.

I also teared up when Sheldon hugged Penny. It was so genuine, touching, and out of character for him. It turned a regular hug into something so incredibly sweet without being sappy. They acted that scene *perfectly*.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Funniest. Show. Ever!

Love BBT!! The one a couple of weeks ago where Sheldon was accused of sexual harrassment was HILARIOUS....probably because I work in HR..lol!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That one was hilarious. I think Sheldon is a little too preoccupied with the menstrual cycle though.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of sitcoms but I love this show.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    :laugh: Big Bang Theory is the ONLY network tv show I watch. Love those guys. Btw...I love the newest episode "The Bakersfield Expedition". None of my friends understand why I love this show either. My husband and oldest son tell me that it's stupid so I tell them that they just don't understand it :)

That's ok... my brother doesn't like the show either and doesn't get it.... but then I don't trust his judgement... he likes Sponge Bob and the Family Guy.... which to me are the dumbest shows on the planet.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Sheldon is Asexual.

Raj is kinda a jerk when he drinks. I think he should hook up with Stu.

I LOVE Leonard. I have loved him since Roseanne.

Oh I have a theory that Howard's mother is Roseanne and that will be how the final episode ends.

That would be awesome!!! But I don't know that they all get along. I remember hearing in the 90's that Roseanne was horrible to work for.