just weighed and gone up 2lbs despite fitness

Options
just weighed myself thinking ah it will be the same and its gone up 2lbs . not long exercised . I've been eating great and working out 6 days a week since start of Jan . wish I hadn't of done it now cause it's going to play on my mind . I'm doing tae bo , 30 day shred and running . confused.com

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate from 1-5lbs every day.....
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Starting or increasing workout intensity can cause your body to retain water weight, sometimes for a good long while. You might have traded some fat for some water, don't worry about it, especially if you measure yourself and see a difference or if your clothes fit better.
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    yeah I started my first set of measurements Tuesday .
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    yeah I started my first set of measurements Tuesday .

Measurements don't usually change as fast as numbers on the scale, so be a bit patient. The only time my measurements go up is once a month, because my belly turns into a big old beachball. Otherwise, it's a really good indicator.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    My scale said that I gained five pounds this week. I didn't.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate from 1-5lbs every day.....

This... and sometimes more than that.

You can't pay attention to the scale short term... only the long term trend matters.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Since you've recently started, your body weight will fluctuate quite a bit for a while as it gets used to the new routine. It is natural.

I lifted weights and did a small run yesterday and ate 1400 calories. My scale this morning has me 1.2 pounds heavier than yesterday morning.

Water weight plays a major roll in our weight!
  • toffee2013
    Options
    yeah I guess so , makes sense anyway
  • AllyLouB
    AllyLouB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't worry..I go up 7lbs at certain time of month....ridiculous. Plus during the day you can fluctuate too x
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The 1200 calories you're eating daily may not be enough with the amount of exercise you're doing. Try experimenting and maybe bump that up by 100-200 calories per day for a week or 2 and see if that helps.
    Drink more water too.

Stick with it. It's a marathon, not a sprint. ;-)

Also make sure you weigh yourself at the same time every day. Early morning is best.
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When I did 30 DS last year, the first half of it I gained 5 lbs... on day 21 (I only weigh in officially once a week) I had dropped that 5 plus 5 more... for a 10lb loss in one week! I had been retaining water plus 30 DS gives you muscles pretty fast. Just stick with it and imagine punching Jillian in the face during your punches for making your scale go the opposite way! LOL

Oh yeah, and after a few days of those walking push ups - flex your biceps and give 'em a squeeze - :)
  • toffee2013
    Options
    lol that made me laugh . yeah I reckon I am retaining water and I am working on upping my calorie in take but I find it hard . I'll make I have a good meal in a bit x