Losing a Dress Size?

Options
Hi,

I have been a UK size 14 (US 10 or 12?) for years now. In total, from MFP and before I joined here I have lost about 20lbs however I still fit into my 14 jeans, although I do need to pull them up or use a belt. I am a pear shape, with the women in my family having biggers butts, hips and thighs. I tried on a size 12 pair of shorts I have but they didn't fit the other day, so I am wondering what the hell is going on?? It could be the style of the shorts I guess, but anyone else on here lost weight but not a dress size?

Replies

• NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    bump
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? Have you actually gone to the store to try on pants? I find that the ones that have been washed a lot are not really an accurate gauge of your size.

It's possible you lose weight from your lower body last. That's how I am. My jeans size was the last thing to shrink.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You quite possibly are losing in other areas!!! :) as suggested above, start taking measurements!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'd say go to a shop you like and try on some clothes, tops and bottoms. Maybe you've gone down a lot in top just not around your hips yet? Plus the poster above is right, new clothes are more accurate for trying things on. Great work losing 20lbs though!
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ill go down top sizes a lot, but the weight likes to stay on my lower half and it takes much more weight for me to drop a jean size
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    Thanks everyone, unfortunately I am the same in top sizes thanks to my boobs! I wouldn't mind losing some weight from there!

I think I will try a few different stores and see, as some stores have a smaller size 12 than others, which is annoying!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I was down 15-20 pounds before I starting going down in sizes. It'll happen :)

I try to stick to the same brand of jeans. I can now wear a 9 in one style, but a different style 9 won't fit - in the same brand!
  • shellywillmann
    shellywillmann Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OMG I just posted about this very thing this morning! Yeah, what's up with that!? I've been a size 12 for about 24 lbs so far ...
  • shellywillmann
    shellywillmann Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This makes sense that worn and washed clothes are not an accurate measurement.