Anyone with young kids?

Options
I am trying to stay focused on eating healthy and working out regularly, but with working full time (plus) and having two toddler-age sons, its easy to fall off of the wagon sometimes. I'm hoping with the support of the MFP family, that I can finally reach my goals!!

Can anyone else relate??

Replies

• NikkiWalt
    NikkiWalt Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I have a three year old daughter - who is 90mph every minute. I also work full time, and go to school. Fitness and healthy eating has struggled to get to the top of my priority list. I'm right there with ya, girl!
  • mandys1979
    mandys1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I sure can. I have a 16 mo old and I work 48 + hrs per week. With my job I do travel so its very easy to slip.
  • Tezzy713
    Options
    I am married and have 6 children 4 boys and 2 girls the youngest is 5. I am a school nurse.
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one! I have started working out in the mornings because its impossible to do anything at home with them climbing all over me!! LOL

25707518.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yup. I work full time (SO stays home with kiddos so that helps) My kids are 3 and 8 months old. I do my workouts when they are in bed and there are days I am really tired for sure.
  • Stargazer37
    Options
    I'm a stay at home Mom to 4 sons, ages 12,9,7 & 4. Hard to be home all day with access to the fridge, makes it hard to saty on track.
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My youngest of 5 is 5. She watches cartoons while I work out.
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I work FT, have 2 and 4 year old, and my schedule does not allow any time for working out (in the spring/summer/fall, I get lots of outside "play" time with the kids which qualifies IMO!). So it's more difficult in the winter for me to maintain my weight (plus with the holidays). But in a couple years, things will be easier I'm sure.
  • AmmeJayne2
    Options
    Hello, i have a 1 year old and a two year old. i am a stay at home mum atm. hopefully will get a part time job by christmas this year.

Feel free to add me if you like :)

x
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I also work full time and have two young ones. My son is 6 and my daughter 4. Nutritious meals and working out after they go to bed is a challenge most of the time, but it can be done. Add me if you want.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I work 30 hours a week and have two sons (4 and 5) with developmental delays. We are always busy between school, therapy, swim lessons, YMCA sports, etc. I have just incorporated the gym into part of our " social interaction" time. The oys love to play there, I get a hour a day to myself and we go home. We are a food dye free home so we don't have lots of junk so that helps with snacking ( mommy still hides a few for her) and the boys at what and when we do, no second dinners for them.

Eta: I am also a cake decorator so. Work around sweets all day, resistance iis just mind over matter. It's hard but you need to come up with a mantra hat will help.
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have 2 teenage boys, and a 2 year old daughter. I work a FT office job, but am able to do so from home. I workout at naptime :)
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys ages 9 (10 in March) and 3. I also work full time. I found a zumba class that has childcare which was a blessing. Also, my local YMCA offer childcare at no extra charge and their memberships are pretty affordable. Or, you can pay a 1 day fee ($5 where I am). I work out when they are in bed or I run when my husband is home so he can watch him for me. Its hard, but it helps to have a supportive husband and family.
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My youngest of 5 is 5. She watches cartoons while I work out.

I'm hoping to get there one day.....I have 2 boys, 1.5 and 3.5. If I am on the floor they think its play time. If I am on the elliptcal, I am worried I will kick them by acccident!

Glad to see you have found something that works for you!

25707518.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bongocats
    bongocats Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I currently work full time and have a 2-year-old son who never stops moving or talking! :smile: I usually wake up at 6 a.m. on weekdays to exercise for about half an hour; otherwise, it won't get done! I was just about to post here looking for other mom friends, actually.
  • DelilahFreeman
    DelilahFreeman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mine are 6 & 11. Not as young as they once were :tongue: However, I have always felt like it was easier, for me, to get my work outs in during the morning before I start the day. (Preferrably before I drag them out of the bed by their toes) and it gives me energy for the day. The problem is : getting up earlier than you "have" to when your bed feels so amazing!!

I am always looking for new friends and new motivation: feel free to add me :smile:
  • iluvtherain
    iluvtherain Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I work full time and have 3 kids 8 year old, 6 year old and a 18 month old. Its so hard to find time to work out. I started walking at work during breaks lunch!
  • tjohn034
    tjohn034 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 year old and go to school full time I totally understand the demands of raising kids. Since my son is in school now I have a bit more time but I used to have to schedule my workouts at night, or sometimes you can find creative ways to workout. For instance me and my son go out exercising together he rides his bike while I run. So it works out for everyone :)
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    I am 24 with an AMAZING 4 year old daughter. I would love some MOMMY friends.. Anyone can add me
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 daughters 6 and 4 and a 2-year-old son. I work full time and am finishing my master's degree.