this is where i would usually quit....

Options
Ok, I have hit my halfway point. I have lost ten pounds (well 19 if you count before MFP) but I still have another ten I want to drop. I have been at 128 all week and my body just stopped. I know I could go to the gym more, or not eat processed foods to "shock" my body, but I just start to lose motivation when it doesn't keep dropping as easy as it did in the beginning. Not being lazy, its just that watching that number move fuels me to lose more, so when it stops.....HELP :ohwell:

Replies

• shannonbanana
    shannonbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have hit my halfway point. I have lost ten pounds (well 19 if you count before MFP) but I still have another ten I want to drop. I have been at 128 all week and my body just stopped. I know I could go to the gym more, or not eat processed foods to "shock" my body, but I just start to lose motivation when it doesn't keep dropping as easy as it did in the beginning. Not being lazy, its just that watching that number move fuels me to lose more, so when it stops.....HELP :ohwell:
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Be Patient! Your body is just adjusting.....don't expect any change for a few days.....Give it time to get comfortable at this current weight. Then kick it up a notch in the gym. Don't add time to your cardio just increase the intensity. Increasing the intensity in the same time frame increases caloric burn during the exercise as well as the recovery time throughout the day.

:wink: Feel good and positive at the weight you are.....I firmly believe a positive attitude will lose more weight than a negative attitude!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I hate to have to say this--but with the small amount of weight loss that you are desiring, it's going to be slow. And, those who have neared their goal say that the lost 10 or 20 pounds is the hardest to lose.

Sorry! But I wish you luck--hang in there and it will come! :flowerforyou:
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    PS....Your starting weight is my goal weight!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: