losing weight to see my kids grow up

Options
I just started this web site. I weigh 272 and my goal is to lose 100 lbs. I have five children, 15, 13, 11, 9, and 8. All but one are a bit chunky so I want to be a good role model. My mother died young from heart failure and I want to be there for my children. I went to my doctor and went on a diabetic diet (I am not a diabetic, but it is in the family) and ended up hungry all the time. I am now on Adipex-P, for the short term. I need to loose some weight first so I can move more without hurting so much. I walk a lot, I bought a pedometer yesterday and walked almost 9000 steps in less than a full day.

I am a teacher and teach summer school right now which messes up my day because I teach from 10:00 until 2:00, only one week left of summer school, and then I have one month off before school starts. I teach agriscience and move around a lot, I have a greenhouse and floral shop. I do not have a lot of time or money to work out at a gym, so I do what I can at home and while working.

Any support I can get will be appreciated.

Replies

• maileniko
    maileniko Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started this web site. I weigh 272 and my goal is to lose 100 lbs. I have five children, 15, 13, 11, 9, and 8. All but one are a bit chunky so I want to be a good role model. My mother died young from heart failure and I want to be there for my children. I went to my doctor and went on a diabetic diet (I am not a diabetic, but it is in the family) and ended up hungry all the time. I am now on Adipex-P, for the short term. I need to loose some weight first so I can move more without hurting so much. I walk a lot, I bought a pedometer yesterday and walked almost 9000 steps in less than a full day.

I am a teacher and teach summer school right now which messes up my day because I teach from 10:00 until 2:00, only one week left of summer school, and then I have one month off before school starts. I teach agriscience and move around a lot, I have a greenhouse and floral shop. I do not have a lot of time or money to work out at a gym, so I do what I can at home and while working.

Any support I can get will be appreciated.
  • ragsrulz
    ragsrulz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One of the options for joining a gym is to look in to joining the YMCA. They have programs for those who cannot afford them...I do know here where I live, the Y is 58 a month for a family. And no one is turned away for inability to pay....so that is an option to check out...Please give it some thought.

I go every day and swim...I am up to 2 miles a day. I am very proud that I have gone from not being able to swim across the pool, to doing laps...

Good luck!
  • ragsrulz
    ragsrulz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    PS....what is adepex?

And I have stopped all flours and sugars, cold turkey (wish me luck, lol). but I have been doing good on the mostly lean meats like fish and lots of vegetables....some rice, some potatoes....trying to be very "non-boring" about it...it is hard to be trust me...
    but the craving for cookies, etc is gone...I may be hungry but when I am, I eat reasonably...like yogurt...(low fat, no sugar added) yogurt...for the sweetness, or sugars that are low, at least 8 grams or less of sugar....

So, I am on the same road as you, I too have a lot to lose....in fact I have been told by this site to eat more, lol....but dang....it seems that to eat enough calories, since I swim so much, I have to eat all the time!

Maybe we can stay in touch.....
  • msmichelle2008
    Options
    is the adipex messing with you? it makes me feel very weird like anxiety attack weird, just wondering...