Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce

Options
I like taking a chicken breast and cut it into tiny strips and marinate in Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce then cook on my George Foreman Grill. Is this healthy or is it a diet disaster?

Replies

• _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    Although it has 0 calories and tastes amazing, I would watch the sodium. It has 190 mg per tsp, and marinating takes a lot more than one little ol' teaspoon. Just my .02
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I agree about the sodium....maybe try cooking it first, then just dropping a few drops on the chicken after you cut it up, just so you get the flavor, but aren't getting as much of the sauce...

I love that stuff! :love:
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot....I put that S*** on everything! No seriously i love it
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    If you aren 't consuming a lot of packaged foods and have no blood pressure issues the extra sodium won't be an issue.

I use a version of the hot sauce in my quinoa also everyday.

When you use it just have some extra water and you will be fine.

I love the stuff!

When I ate chicken my favourite way was to marinate it in a mixture of half Frank's and half vinegar. Let marinate for half an hour or so than cook... the extra marinade makes a nice sauce too!
  • RealSteelRobot
    Options
    Well when it cooks on the George Forman Grill it almost seems like all the sauce just leaks and drains off into the drip tray... I just love adding this chicken to baby spinach and cucumber salad with a fat-free ranch (sparingly) I think it makes a great dinner or lunch. But I was concerned with the sodium.
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot....I put that S*** on everything! No seriously i love it

Snap :laugh:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Sounds absolutely delicious and yes, sodiums the only thing to worry about - it isn't a factor for me, so, as noted earlier, I put that s on everything.
  • now_or_never13
    Options
    Well when it cooks on the George Forman Grill it almost seems like all the sauce just leaks and drains off into the drip tray... I just love adding this chicken to baby spinach and cucumber salad with a fat-free ranch (sparingly) I think it makes a great dinner or lunch. But I was concerned with the sodium.

A lot of the sauce would come off on the grill but what is actually in the chicken won't make a ton of difference as long as you aren't packing your day full of processed foods.

If you are that concerned use it sparily or look for a low sodium version. Mixing it half and half with vinegar or adding some water to the marinade would make less sauce go further.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I make my own with the regular hot sauce. I don't like the buffalo version they make. I add a whole stick of butter and a few other things. Awesome.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have any calories, the only thing it does have is a lot of sodium, I like to put it on stuff though, marinating it will make it super sodium-filled, just put it on after you cook it
  • now_or_never13
    Options
    Side note, it is great mixed in with rice or quinoa!!!
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    Have you tried the thick one franks makes?? It's to die for. Soooooo good. If its the worst thing in your diet, I say enjoy it!!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Grace hot sauce is similar with less sodium.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I recommend you use the Red Hot if you really enjoy it. Personally, I find alternatives to my favorites that are healthier or at least more health conscious.

Brittany