Anyone with young kids?

Options
2»

Replies

• MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate. I have a 2 and 4 year old and I work full time. I workout in the mornings before anyone else is up and I am determined to eat clean and teach my kids how to eat well too! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Ya, I have 6 kids. 3-18 year old. I will admit, when the 4th child was born, I was no longer able to get to the gym. I controlled my weight by diet alone and I did not work out for 10 years. When my boys were old enough to stay at home with the little ones, I joined a gym. Now, I teach there!

But, it is so hard to get out of the house to workout when you have small kids. I think you are doing something and that is great!! :D
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 1/2 year old and almost 4 year old and I'm pregnant. In school full time x2
  • aadutton
    Options
    18 m/o twin boys here, so yes, I can relate. Just gotta do it...
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both work and have 5 kids together (5,6,6,11,13). We haven't quite figured out how to work in the exercise portion yet but are going to. My daughter turns 14 in March and we're doing Warrior Dash together (wife, daughter, and myself) so we best figure out something!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    work full time, a 3 year old son, 4 year old daughter, 10 year old stepson (we have him 50/50), and the closest family is 5 hours away....it's still doable!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have a six year old, pictured in my profile pic.

To work my workouts around her schedule, my schedule, and my wife's schedule, I added another hour to the day by getting up at 5.30. Sometimes I miss it, and have to workout after putting her on the school bus and start work a little late. But screw 'em, if I'm not healthy, I can't work. So long term it works out for them too. But in my position I don't exactly have someone watching clock-cards, so it's not an approach I'd suggest to everyone.
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both work and have 5 kids together (5,6,6,11,13). We haven't quite figured out how to work in the exercise portion yet but are going to. My daughter turns 14 in March and we're doing Warrior Dash together (wife, daughter, and myself) so we best figure out something!

That's awesome, can't wait for the tykes to get a little older so they can join me!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

With 5 kids I'd imagine your TDEE is quite high enough already, without introducing exercise.
  • 1toughmama
    1toughmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes!! I have a 16 month old and a 7 year old:)
  • JaErb183
    Options
    I have 2 boys ages 4 1/2 and 15 months. I am a SAHM but I also watch 2 other children during the day! Staying fit is hard when working and having children. I have now found myself working out once they are in bed! Add me if you would like.. I would love to help motivate!
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I recently moved my work outs to 5am. This enables me to work out while he's still asleep, come back get ready for work (fulltime) and then when I come home i have more time for him and can make dinner and what not..I have way more energy this way too, plus its out of the way and I know i wont make an excuse!
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I recently moved my work outs to 5am. This enables me to work out while he's still asleep, come back get ready for work (fulltime) and then when I come home i have more time for him and can make dinner and what not..I have way more energy this way too, plus its out of the way and I know i wont make an excuse!

So yes, I have a almost 2 year old. :)