Body Pump

Options
I have recently taken up Body Pump. Those who do this class, how do they record it on here? Or any suggestions on exercises on the list that would be similar to a Body Pump class?

Thanks

Becky

Replies

• samlankford
    Options
    I would say get a heart rate monitor... it is easier that way since calorie burn is different for everyone
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor!

Polar FT7
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Topic: Bodypump Wed 01/02/13 10:36 AM
    I found some more information on their website and added an exercise to my database. I used 80% of what they said I would burn per minute, to be conservative. So, they say men burn 8.4 calories per minute and I added it at 6.7. I'm going to try it for a month in place of some other exercise and see how it goes.

This. But, I am thinking about an HRM.
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM! I have a Polar FT4 and love it. I typically burn between 350 and 400 calories in Pump.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love body pump! HRM (with a chest strap) for sure, I use a polar
  • BizCalvaresi
    Options
    They used to have averages on the Les Mills site for each class, although I don't see them on there anymore. It used to say 536 calories for 60 minutes of Body Pump. That's what I go by.
    If you like cardio and want to get a really intense workout, check out Body Attack! It's my fave. Burns 744 calories for a 55 minute workout!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I will agree to get a HRM which I have now; but before I had one, I recorded it under strength training through the cardio category.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM for this class and burn about 400 calories in an hour.

The bigger you are, the more you'll burn, generally. I am 5'9" and 195 lbs.