Beginning Exercises? Get bored need new ideas

Options
I am starting to get into shape again and I tend to get bored with my work outs. Currently I do Zumba Core 45 mins, Brazilian Butt lift from time to time, and then I go to the gym and do tredmil, eliptial, or bike. In the past my problem was I would stop working out for a long time and then when I start up again I would go to the extreme, like I started insanity, and it kicked my butt! So i got discouraged and stopped.
I am trying to take it slow and build my flexibility and endurance.

Any ideas for getting started?

Any routines people suggest?

Any help is well appreciated?

PS. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 or NROLFW

Do squats and deadlifts

???

Profit!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    How about joining us for the daily mini challenges? Something new each day to add to your regular workout :)
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    Does your gym offer any group classes? I find if I feel like I'm held accountable by other people in the class, I work harder. Good Luck! Feel free to add for support!
  • CharMarieDavis
    Options
    I would try getting a membership at a gym that has classes where you can try a different workout every evening! It's a great way to meet people who have the same goals as you. At my gym they have yoga, spin, body sculpt, trx, crossfit, thigh/ab/glute, running groups, zumba, etc. It gives me tons of options so I am never bored with the routine of bike, elliptical, treadmill.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just got "back on track" the beginning of this year. I've been doing a different workout each week. Last week was Richard Simmons videos (LOL I know), this week Elliptical, next week a workout video that I belive is an hour long and works out different parts of the body with weights involved, week after that maybe alternating all 3 exercises, and then I may start 30 day shred, I too always start off extreme and then stop exercising and then start the cycle all over again. That's why this time i'm taking it slow by doing what I told you.
  • JAAriel
    Options
    I like to do POP Pilates routines on youtube. You can print up a workout calendar from blogilates.com and it has the right combination of videos for working out your whole body each week! Even though it's pilates, there's a ton of cardio thrown in too, so you're building strength and getting your heart rate waaaay up. Also, you rarely ever repeat the same videos within a month, so there's a huge variety and you won't get bored doing the same thing day after day after day. You'll increase your strength, endurance, flexibility and control all while getting beautifully toned. I highly recommend it.