Water does it matter ?

Options
DOES IT MATTER ??? cold or warm ,plain or with lemon isn't water water ? do they all do the same or does one burn more calories or get rid of more water ????

Replies

• porkchop_13
    Options
    I hear ice cold water burns more calories b/c your body has to use more energy to warm it up, but other than that its all the same :drinker:
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    They all do the same.
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I hear ice cold water burns more calories b/c your body has to use more energy to warm it up, but other than that its all the same :drinker:

I've heard the same thing. However I HATE FREEZING COLD WATER. So I drink mine at room temp, occasionally add some lemon.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    its really inconsequential to the average joe, your body has to work a little harder to heat up after drinking cold water but the difference is minute. Just drink what you like, you can live without drinking water if you drink other beverages but water is just the cleanest most simple fluid is all.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Indeed. The amount of calories it burns is negligible enough not to bother drinking it if they dislike it, though.
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    I say drink it how ever you prefer...that way you are sure to get enough. I don't like it ice cold either and am more apt to drink more if it's room temp or slightly chilled. Just my .02
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You're likely to drink more if you drink it how you enjoy, which is the best benefit of all.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Water is essential. It does not matter how you drink it. Consider it your miracle drink that will help your health. Here are a few:
    •Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
    •Protects and moisturizes our joints
    •Detoxifies
    •Regulates body temperature
    •Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
    •Protects our vital organ
    •Helps with metabolism
    •Moisturizes the air in lungs
    •Keeps skin moisturized.
    •Gives you a boost of energy.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Drink it however you want. I like mine with cucumber or lemon. Sometimes I add a little cherry-pomegranate Crystal Light if I'm chasing away a craving for sweets (it always works).

Cold or warm doesn't matter that much. The calorie burn is pretty minimal. I think that's one of those "magic beans" people reach for, kind of like saying to take cold showers since shivering burns calories. :-P
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    As long as it's wet.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I've heard the same thing. However I HATE FREEZING COLD WATER. So I drink mine at room temp, occasionally add some lemon.

I'm the same. I thought I was weird because everyone else I know hates lukewarm water and only drinks it chilled.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Drink it however you want. I like mine with cucumber or lemon.

Oooh yes, I only tried water with cucumber recently and it was so nice! A cafe I went into served jugs with a long strip of cucumber peel, it looked cool.
    I'm gonna do this when I get home tonight, thanks for reminding me :smile:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    As long as it's wet.

that's what he said.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    As long as it's wet.

that's what he said.

Indeed that is what I said.
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    As long as I'm getting enough of it, I don't worry about the temp! :)
  • Sekxy49
    Sekxy49 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As everyone has stated, water is essential for your body. In the morning, it should be the first liquid in your mouth, thus waking up your organs to get them going again. Your skin benefits also, making it supple, soft to the touch. Drink up! Enjoy your water!
  • mercymarque
    Options
    yes very esstential to weight loss. At the very less drink 8 cups of h20 a day. U will see the difference
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    You're likely to drink more if you drink it how you enjoy, which is the best benefit of all.
    True!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Water is essential. It does not matter how you drink it. Consider it your miracle drink that will help your health. Here are a few:
    •Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
    •Protects and moisturizes our joints
    •Detoxifies
    •Regulates body temperature
    •Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
    •Protects our vital organ
    •Helps with metabolism
    •Moisturizes the air in lungs
    •Keeps skin moisturized.
    •Gives you a boost of energy.
    Thanks!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    As long as it's wet.

that's what he said.

Indeed that is what I said.

BWAhahaha \m/

ETA: Drinking plenty of water, like exercise, is more about being healthy than losing weight. It can help with weight loss because you're likely to hold on to less water weight and you're less likely to have that hunger signal confusion (actually thirsty, feels like hungry)...but IMHO, that's not the point of why they want you to track water here.

And yeah, drinking cold water burns so little extra calories that it's not worth torturing yourself if you don't like it. Drink whatever temperature you like and put whatever you like in it as long as it's not adding too much sodium or calories.