agh!

Options
i REALLY fell off the wagon this week and i feel quite gross. i like instant results and tis is frustrating. any tips?

Replies

• annabanana
    Options
    i REALLY fell off the wagon this week and i feel quite gross. i like instant results and tis is frustrating. any tips?
  • freedevil
    freedevil Posts: 3
    Options
    You'll never be happy if you think of it that way. Perseverance and hard work is what it's gonna take for you to stick to your diet and calorie logging.
  • Bert
    Bert Posts: 27
    Options
    I know what you mean both my the self-disappointment and that nasty feeling after eating too much.

:sick: :sad:

If you think about it, you actually got what you wished for....immediate results. Next time you have the urge to eat beyond your food plan, remember how awful you felt when you made "tempting" but poor choices. Use that thought to fuel your willpower to stay the course.

Hang in there!!!:wink:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    There are no "instant" remedies--healthy weight loss has to be done the 'old fashioned way." Hard work by exercising and watching what you eat.

Sorry! :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    this is going to sound like a critisizm of you, but I assure you it's not. In order to sucessfully change your lifestyle you need to change your attitude (the general "your", not you specifically). It's what I had to learn how to do, it's what a lot of people on here did, and it's something you can do too. It's not easy, wanting it now is how our society has become in the last couple of decades. But changing your lifestyle means learning to accept slow, steady change in your body. Instant gratification just doesn't work with weight loss because if your body doesn't take the time to learn how to be healthy, anything you do to improve your weight right now, won't stick. You will just make your body think it's being denied something and make it that much more eager to store fat when ever it can. That's why we say not to try to lose too much too fast, because that's not how the body works.
    There isn't a magic pill that you take and suddenly you realize that short term weight loss is nothing without long term committment. I wish there were, its all about will power, and setting your mind to it, digging in, and not giving up when you feel like you have stalled. That part we can try to help with, but in the end, it's all about how much you want it.

Best of luck to you!

-Banks
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is hang in there! Trust me, this CAN be done. If I can lose 88 lbs since September (which I have), then you can definitely stick with this and succeed. I know even losing 1 lb can seem to take forever but if you stick with this...and eat the right amount of calories and exercise, then your body will have no choice but to respond...it's all about finding the right number for your body. You will be at your goal much faster than you think you will.

Good luck!!

-Tami
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hi! Unfortunately there are no instant results when it comes to weightloss. It is a long (and for some grueling) process. BUT the long-term results are worth it. I've lost almost 20 lbs since march, I'm 2 sizes smaller than I was, and I never thought I could do it! You really need to set larger goals. Think of what you'd like to lose by the end of the summer, and make that something you work towards, be it 5, 10 or even 30 lbs! If you don't make it, thats ok, at the end of the summer set a Christmas time goal. Goals keep me going. Without them, it would just be one long struggle... 59 lbs (my overall loss goal) is a long way to go, but the smaller 15 pound goals I set help me to see that I'm succeeding. :flowerforyou: Good luck, you can do this, I know it!