C25K

Options
Starting on Monday April 26, 2010 I am going to start the C25K. Does anyone want to join me?

Replies

• bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! I'll be here to cheer you on! I completed the C25K this past summer/fall, and it's awesome! You will see such a change when you complete it! :)
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Awesome! I can't wait!
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What is a C25K?
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    What is a C25K?

Its a running program that gets you off the couch and running 25 minutes straight or 5K in 9 weeks. Go to this website and it gives it to you for free.

www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up week 6 tomorrow hopefully! 25 minute jog!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I want contemplating starting this too! Monday will be a great time to start! :) I have never been able to run for long distances, so hopefully this will change that! I think a 5k is a great goal. We'll have to keep each other motivated!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Great!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Starting this tomorrow. Wish me luck! Anyone else want to join? It would be great having a support group!
  • megatron123
    Options
    I just found out about C25K, but I was looking for something like this. I would like to give it a try... tomorrow sounds like a good day to start. I'm in!
  • tandknix
    tandknix Posts: 6
    Options
    I tried starting two weeks ago but the rain killed it for me last week. I love running and stopped during high school because of some ankle problems. I've figured out through their site that it was probably because I was running too much and not resting my body like I should. I want to start back up tomorrow so I'll start fresh with you all :)
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    that is great
    does anyone have play list for ipod for walking
  • Elli126
    Elli126 Posts: 28
    Options
    Count Me in.. lets do this !
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Well...I had all intentions of getting up this morning before work...but that didn't happen! I'll have to try and work it in tonight...I can't not do it on our first day!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    I did it last night and really liked it! Day 1, week 1 = done! :)