Jillian Michaels help...

Options
Hi all,

I had seen the name Jillian Michaels and 30day shred mentioned on these forums and decided to have a look myself. I actually found what I think is the 30 day shred level 1 on youtube and did that tonight. Can anyone tell me if the youtube videos are the same as on the dvd?! I assumed it was but wasnt sure! Also am I ok to log the 25 minutes as circuit training - I am only 5ft 4 and around 9stone. I worked hard but I am generally quite fit as I am on my feet all day as a teacher so not sure if the mfp estimate is correct - would you go with the calories they say I would burn or estimate yourselves? I dont have a monitor thing yet due to money issues!!

Thanks for any guidance you can give

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Yup, same videos! I have used youtube for the videos before as I recently moved and have yet to find my actual DVD.

You can use the MFP numbers if you have to but only eat back half. MFP tends to overestimate calories burned. Best thing is a HRM with a chest strap so when you have the money grab one. You can get some good deals out there.
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

MFP said I burned 194 calories but to be honest that seems extremely high. I am going with that I burnt 100 and just eating those back!
  • hilary2005
    hilary2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    YouTube is the same, in fact better as skips the intro talk which you can't skip on the DVD, all it is her telling who she is and about the workout but annoying as you don't need to hear it every time if ever. So YouTube videos are better.

I googled to find out how many calories it burns, there are several different opinions but I took the average.

I eat m calories back but only use them when I really need too, my goal is 1200 per day so any extra calories I like to use as I personally find 1200 hard to stick too.