New to the site with no friends

Options
Hello, My name is Chandra. I'm new here. I have only been here a week. I'm glad I've found this site. I've been coming on here everyday to log my meals and putting some exercise in here. I feel I need some accountability, support, and advice so I don't make mistakes often.

Replies

• PathShadow
    PathShadow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Chandra. I'm brand new here too. I'm 44 years old and trying to lose 20-25 pounds. What are you trying to lose?
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Chandra and path shadow. I am new too (my second week). I am 42 with a SW of 137 looking to lose 22 pounds. Check out the link below. Found it on my first day and started following it. Feel free to add me as a friend.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/715450-followers-of-in-place-of-a-road-map2-0
  • jeddyhhi
    Options
    Hi Chandra. I too am new, for about two weeks. I am 66 and trying to loose 20 pounds after my last illnesss, during which i was not alloed to exercise. Let's work on this together.
  • sammiej97
    Options
    im new here also. first day. im 31 looking to lose 60lbs. i know thats a lot but im only 5'2" and 195lbs.
  • daliotard
    Options
    I'm fairly new as well. Feel free to add me as a friend. We will support each other.
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello all you newbies!!! You will quickly become addicted to this site (I know that I have :p)

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm great about commenting and offering encouragement as often as I can.
  • cburgwin
    Options
    Ive been on the site for a few months now, but am always looking for support and motivation!! Feel free to add me as a friend and I can provide that for you too!!!
  • mwilbanks2012
    Options
    HI I am new to the site also. Today is my first day. This was recommended to me by my sister. She has been on here for awhile and it has really motivated her and helped alot. I am 31 and my goal is to lose 300 lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll encourage you as long as you encourage me. You can do this!!!!!!
  • clever210
    Options
    I'm Sarah and I have been here for a couple months now. I'm not trying to lose a certain number of pounds, so you won't see me posting about my weight. I use this just to keep track of what I am eating. Good luck to everyone! :happy:
  • samzchevy
    samzchevy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well for the new people...WELCOME. You have made the first step! Ive been here off on for a few months but have been very good tracking food & exercise since Jan 1. So feel free to add me if you want! Have a great day!! :smile:
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. :) I've been on mfp for a few months now, and love adding new friends for motivation and support.
  • ltupola
    ltupola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We can be friends.... Friends on MFP is key to your success! :)
  • cbrown1077
    Options
    Hi Chandra! I'm new as well. I've been logging on for almost a week. I love this website! It was a very rude awakening to see how much I was actually eating....mainly out of boredom! Hopefully we can lose weight together!
  • k2013w
    k2013w Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am new to this site and LOVE it so far! I am looking for people to keep me motivated and staying strong throughout this change in my health! Please feel free to add me and we can share this journey with people who understand and are committed to our goals!!
  • 4godilive
    4godilive Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who replied to my post and I will be adding all of you. My goal is to lose about 200 pounds, eat healthier, and be a more healthy person over all.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been here about 4 days. It's been great so far! I am a compulsive binge eater, and today I got through my usual midday binge with the help of my friends here! I don't think I could have resisted without the suport from those who know exactly how it is. Welcome aboard!
  • gela5
    gela5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new also. Been on here for about a week, I'm 45, weigh 147 and want to loose 20 to 25 lbs. Hope we can help each other.
  • sammiej97
    Options
    so basics are following our calorie that we r given
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi there, add me too! I have been here for about 11 days now. LOL
  • tiredofbeingfat843
    Options
    Hello ALL, my name is Michelle and this is my second week on MFP. My neighbor got me started and I am needing to lose a total of 45 lbs!!!! Starting out small so I am not overwhelmed and trying to get off my first 10. It is sooo slow going right now. I have a lot going on right now so finding the time or energy to EXERCISE is what is really challenging.