Hit a plateau? have stubborn body fat?

Options
Maybe you've hit a cardio plateau, or your workout had stopped burning the desired fat you'd like to rid yourself of. This may help. The best approach is to do intense cardio for 10-15 minutes, followed by moderate steady cardio for 30 more minutes. This is a really good way to burn off stubborn body fat. The more intense the first part is, the better effect the steady cardio will have. Do this 5 days a week and you will get results again.

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I've heard, and come to believe, that 2 or 3 short burst workouts are best to burn fat...

What's your impression with 20-30 turns on the elliptical, alternating with weights or crunches?

There's a lot of info out there, just have never actually heard of anyone personally....thx.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump and Thank you!:tongue:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yes, intervals can be great, but first make sure it's not diet. Just do a quick check and be sure you aren't accidentally overeating or letting in extra snacks and nibbles. If you're going to kill yourself on a cardio routine, make sure you actually need to!
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    try not to look at what type of cardio - the most important thing is total calorie expenditure, whether its burning fat, glucose or whatever. If you're just burning fuel your body will need to replace it later on anyway, and will have to get the energy from fat then.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    :glasses: OK I am in! I'll let you know if it helps stoke it up! Thanks for the insight!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    try not to look at what type of cardio - the most important thing is total calorie expenditure, whether its burning fat, glucose or whatever. If you're just burning fuel your body will need to replace it later on anyway, and will have to get the energy from fat then.

Yeah...I see now, how that needs to be a serious consideration. Thx, I just need to figured out how to figure out how long/much of a workout and "total calorie expenditure" rather than just fuel....need to get at the adipose tissue!

All suggestions welcome:glasses: