Time to start new..but need help

Options
I will be the first to admit that I have a food addiction. I am always thinking about what and when I am going to eat next. My start weight is 187 lbs. My ultimate goal is 150 but one step at a time. I would like to just see a couple of pounds a week and I would be happy. Hey, have to start somewhere.

My biggest problem is that I work the overnight shift with days off during the week. On those days off I switch from being awake nights to days to spend time with my kids. Then during the week I only sleep about 5 hours tops. Does anyone have any suggestions as to when I should be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner and the snacks because I feel like I am eating all the time just because the "time" tells me to. Thanks to all and I hope this journey will have a positive outcome

Replies

• Loulouslim
    Options
    Hi

I have also joined today and feel like its a big hill to climb. I wish you all the luck and if you want to be friends so that we can keep each other motivated that would be nice

Take care

Loulouslim
    Kent, England
  • victoriavvi
    victoriavvi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I work nights also. My problem is that I don't have "breakfast". I just have lunch and dinner and go to bed. I'm trying to eat more frequently and just smaller portions so I don't feel so hungry. At work I snack on veggies and fruit throughout the day. At home I do the same. I've noticed the weight loss already.
    My biggest problem is that I work the overnight shift with days off during the week. On those days off I switch from being awake nights to days to spend time with my kids. Then during the week I only sleep about 5 hours tops. Does anyone have any suggestions as to when I should be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner and the snacks because I feel like I am eating all the time just because the "time" tells me to. Thanks to all and I hope this journey will have a positive outcome
  • k_moore0221
    Options
    I have noticed that I do the same thing. I make dinner for my family and eat with them then my lunch at work. I will keep the snacking thing in mind! Thanks so much!