loosing weight to get pregnant

Options
hiya everyone,

i signed up to mfp ages ago and never really used it but i'm back to try it properly. For the last year and a half my husband and i have been trying for a baby with no luck. It has been soul destroying dissapointment every month and is getting me down. We are now at the point where we are going to seek medical interventiopn but i just know that the first thing that the doctor will say is that i'm fat and that is what will be affecting us having sucess. Hence the reason why i'm back to give this a real good go. Generally my diet is good but i know it is my quantity not quality of what i'm eating.

was wondering if anyone else has been through or is going through the same thing as us.

Replies

• Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm not having the same problems but we have the same goals. I'm trying to get in the best shape I can before I get pregnant. I renewed my birth control last year and it runs out in October, we decided that once it's gone I'm going to stop taking it.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.

I'm trying to eat more healthy since I'm a huge picky eater but I know once I'm pregnant I'm going to want to eat healthy food.

Good luck!
  • claypool1
    Options
    I'm not losing weight to get pregnant and I'm not sure how much weight gas to do with that issue,but I have been on medication to get pregnant for 5 months now with no luck. It is a huge disappointment month after month. I know it hasn't been too long but I feel like a failure. I hope things go better for you!!!
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My husband and I tried for two years and do hormone therapy, I also lost 170 pounds and got down under 180 pounds and I was not able to get pregnant. However I have two beautiful boys and I am happy with them :) I understand how depressing it is, on hormones I gained 80 of the 170 I lost back. I also quit smoking. I was devastated but I gave up and just stuck to Losing weight and lost the weight I gained back. Ill be your friend and support you all the way :)
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My husband and I tried for two years and did hormone therapy, I also lost 170 pounds and got down under 180 pounds and I was not able to get pregnant. However I have two beautiful boys and I am happy with them :) I understand how depressing it is, on hormones I gained 80 of the 170 I lost back. I also quit smoking. I was devastated but I gave up and just stuck to Losing weight and lost the weight I gained back. Ill be your friend and support you all the way :)
  • DrmWmn
    DrmWmn Posts: 8
    Options
    You're not alone with this. In fact, there are quite a few people who are in the same boat, myself included. I'd love to be a friend and help you anyway I can :happy:
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 19. At 5'4 and weighing 170lb I was lucky to get six periods a year. I had always been irregular, just thought it was a genetic thing, but realized that it got worse each time I gained weight. I kept being in denial about it., since you usually don't hear of weight complications until you're heavier, but I had enough. I started changing the way I ate in September. I've had my period every month since then. What's crazier? It's even the same time of the month. That has never happened to me. Ever.

I don't know your story, so I would still definitely talk to a doctor about it. But losing weight definitely helped me.
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm done with having babies, but I wanted to give you a big ((((hug)))) having difficulty conceiving and wish you my sincere best wishes for getting healthy and pregnant in 2013.

Depending on how much you need to lose, even 5% of your weight lost could make the difference.

You can do it!! Your baby is waiting for you!
  • stephytavares
    stephytavares Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've chosen to drop about 30 more lbs before I even think about getting pregnant. I know it's tough but I want to be as healthy as I can so I can be the best mom I can be! I want to be able to keep up with my (future) kids and I just know that packing on pregnancy weight on top of the current weight will only make it harder to lose.
    Keep up your battle! It's for a great cause!
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    My goals are the same as yourself. I am not looking to get pregnant right away, we are making future plans I just want to be as healthy as possible come that time. I have had two family members go through the same as yourself. Feel free to add me and I would love to be of support and answer any questions you may have. Best wishes!
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi all feel free to add me. I'm in the same boat too. It's been 2 years here but I'm only 1 month into my weight loss journey. Found out tubes etc are all ok so very good chance the weight is the issue. My problem is that the doctor has me on meds that cause birth defects. Am desperate to come off them. Also not sure if we should wait till I'm a healthy weight or not as I don't have time on my side. I so wanted it to happen before I hit the dreaded 35 last month. Really feel for anyone in this situation.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! We're planning on starting in about a year and the only time I've been regular is when I was under 155 so that is my goal for now. Hugs to you I wish the best for you
  • mazjarvis
    mazjarvis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ahh thanks for all the support guys. It feels good to actually say out loud that we are struggling. Only told a few of our friends as i didn't want people asking me every month. So glad as it is taking a while. I had an ipod for christmas and am finding the app is really helping me keep on track at work which is one of my downfalls. looking forward to the weight coming off!!!!! ----and then hopefully the only gain will be baby and not fat!!!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there are other factors involved that can keep you from getting pregnant. I have a blocked tube, and auto-immune disorder that makes my blood clot too fast so if by some miracle an egg went down the right tube and tried to implant, the blood would clot around it and would auto abort before even getting a chance for me to realize I was pregnant. I didn't do anything to cause this, it's just the way my body works.

Point being: In my case, it wouldn't have mattered how much weight I lost becuase the auto-immune thing kept me from getting pregnant.

I don't know if you're anywhere near Indianapolis, but if you are - you should see my doctor!! We had to go through 2 cycles with the doctor's help to get pregnant, and we have 2 beautiful daughters.

Feel free to add me and/or ask any questions about what we did to conceive.
  • mazjarvis
    mazjarvis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    will get in touch with my doctor then.... i too had a medical condition callled itp which meant that my spleen was destroying platelets in my body. after removing my spleen i am classed as immune supressed and have a much higher number of platelets making my blood clot quicker. However doctors never told me that this could cause me any problems conceiving but i will double check with them.....thanks for the post.....gives me another possible angle to look at it from and be proactive as i think i'm wearing my poor husband out!!!
  • stephraposo
    stephraposo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe a paleo diet can help. It's supposed to get your hormones back in order.