"Grab n' go" breakfast suggestions?

Options
Can anyone recommend something healthy for breakfast on the run. I don't always have time to sit down and eat something. My breakfast is usually something I grab and eat on my way in to work. Any suggestions?

Replies

• melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Are you able to eat breakfast at work? If so I use Vanilla Ensure and Special K. If you can't eat at work then try just the Ensure (they have different flavors) and some fruit. This was the suggestion my dietitian gave me.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Boil eggs.
  • asaralee3
    asaralee3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This thread seems easy as a prepare ahead of time and nuke and eat on the go.

Second time I've recommended it..it just sounds so good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/711823-breakfast-quiche-muffins-74-calories-each
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have posted this so much, but I'm doing it again, because it's YUMMY!!

Make egg "muffins"!! I make 12 at a time, they last me a week in the fridge, and I either nuke them and eat them on the drive to work or nuke them at work.

I put a slice of turkey deli meat in the bottom of a muffin tin and crack an egg in each one, then bake for 25 min at 350*F. If you like veggies in your eggs, scramble 10 eggs, add whatever veggies you like, and pour evenly into your muffin tin. I eat 2 every work-day morning! You can use whatever meat in the bottom you want, and some people put some whole wheat bread or english muffin in the bottom, too. And a sprinkle of cheese on top, if you want.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My dietician said the best quick breakfast is a tall glass of 1% milk!
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My stand by on the go breakfast is a banana and Frosted Mini Wheats or Rice Chex. Can portion it out the night before and you're ready to rock and roll :)
  • archie1964
    archie1964 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Get up half and hour earlier and make something :happy:
  • saraxx16
    saraxx16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If im in an extreme rush i grab a banana with a tbsp of peanut butter on it :) and a glass of almond milk for calcium.
    also if you have more time you can cook egg whites from the carton in the microwave and put a slice of lowfat cheese and a slice of toast to create a low calorie (250) breakfast that will fill you all day

33515314.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • scottjames84
    Options
    I make Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal every night before bed; takes only a few minutes and man is it good.
    I substitute the skim milk for almond milk and add a few slivered almonds to the mix.
    http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/224/Raspberry+Vanilla+Refrigerator+Oatmeal

Lots more flavors on this link http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal and explanation
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Get up half and hour earlier and make something :happy:

When your commute is an hour or longer, you tend to want to utilize every possible second to sleep you can. Eating in the car is a must!
  • DJ_Rocker
    DJ_Rocker Posts: 186
    Options
    I have posted this so much, but I'm doing it again, because it's YUMMY!!

Make egg "muffins"!! I make 12 at a time, they last me a week in the fridge, and I either nuke them and eat them on the drive to work or nuke them at work.

I put a slice of turkey deli meat in the bottom of a muffin tin and crack an egg in each one, then bake for 25 min at 350*F. If you like veggies in your eggs, scramble 10 eggs, add whatever veggies you like, and pour evenly into your muffin tin. I eat 2 every work-day morning! You can use whatever meat in the bottom you want, and some people put some whole wheat bread or english muffin in the bottom, too. And a sprinkle of cheese on top, if you want.

I'm going to give this a try. Thanks!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I usually make a fruit smoothie, and take it in the car. I hate farting around in the morning, get up, go!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Pickled egg
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Keep boiled eggs in the fridge, make and freeze protein pancakes then microwave them and eat them folded over on a few banana slices like a sandwich, a healthy toast with a tad bit of honey, make some egg muffins and keep in the fridge. They reheat really well.
  • rininger85
    Options
    I like the slim fast 321 meal bars, either the chocolate fudge brownie or the chocolate cookie dough bars are pretty good, coming from a guy that doesn't like granola bars or anything like that and just a picky eater in general...

also have a container of "strawberry slim supreme" which is a meijer brand knock off of the slim fast shake mix, mix with milk when I remember to buy or bring milk to work and didn't catch breakfast...
  • CEThornton
    Options
    my go to is non fat Greek yogurt and a slice of wheat toast (w/spray icbnb)... It'll put you under 300 cal. you have the carbs to burn with the toast and the protein in the yogurt keeps me full :smile:
  • wetuscox
    wetuscox Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump....good suggestions!
  • Seahawk27
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast everyday, I make it the night before if I know I'm gonna be in a rush the next morning, but it's easy, fast and healthy.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Freezer breakfast burritos. Fill will lots of veggies, eggs (or whites), cheese (low fat if you like). whole wheat tortilla. 90 seconds in the microwave and it's ready.
  • JPalmer86
    Options
    Can you do egg whites for muffin ideas?