Girl Scout Cookies

Options
KimLovesDon
KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
Are the DEBIL!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• javajinny
    Options
    Yes they are. They ARE NOT making it into my house this year. Didn't order any, the order sheets are gone from the office, and I can easily walk past those little girls that will be standing outside of the grocery store in a month or two. They aren't getting me this year, because if I open a package, they disappear quickly. Just say no! :happy:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    OH GOD! Give me strength, it's not that time of year again.. is it? That means I can only grocery shop during school hours...... and I have to barricade myself inside the house.....
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have 96 boxes in my house next week. My daughter is a Girl Scout.
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    so glad that i can alleviate the guilt by sending boxes of cookies to the soldiers overseas... especially since i'm cursed with nieces who sell the darned things...

and now i want a thin mint. :tongue:
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    AGREED. And, the debil never tasted so good.
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    thin mints are my fav!! my husband and i get 2 boxes. i freeze one and have have it over the next few months as a treat :)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    They have a new mango one. Eff that grossness.

I'll take 8 boxes of shortbread, 7 of the lemon, and 45 of the caramel coconut yums.
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    One can help the Girl Scouts, do something for a total stranger, and keep yourself healthy.....Buy a box, and give it to a random stranger wishing them a great day.
  • jeckalynne
    Options
    I've found that Kebbler makes an exact replica of the Samoas, so luckily (sort of) I've binged enough throughout the year so now Girl Scout Season doesn't affect me.

The dollar store has exact replicas of thin mints and peanut butter patties too.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    my husband caves and buys a box of each kind from the little neighbor girl every year. urgh. they sit in the cupboard taking up room cause I refuse to eat them. Except caramel delites. and short breads. But thats it. MAYBE peanut butter patties.
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    Are the DEBIL!!!!!!!!!!

Let me be the devil's advocate b/c my daughter is selling some? Any takers?
  • lilteepot
    Options
    Ex-career GS here... next time you're bothered to buy the ridiculously expensive delectable treats, tell that sweet, smiling, and learning-to-enterprise little girl that you shouldn't eat them, so instead of buying, you'd like to donate the cost of x amount of boxes to the troop. Make sure you ask them what they are saving their troop funds for. GS cookies are more than just thin mints and samoas (caramel delights). Cookie sales are actually used to teach young girls how to set goals for themselves, earning and saving money, and gives them the opportunity to network and work on social skills. The girls only get a small amount of profit from their cookies. (The council also gets a good portion which is uses toward giving girls opportunities, programs, etc.) But when you donate instead of buying, the girls get the full amount, and you're not left feeling guilty for eating that entire sleeve of thin mints in one sitting!

That was probably more info than you were probably looking for... so if you're rolling your eyes, just disregard all that and hear me commiserating... :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have 96 boxes in my house next week. My daughter is a Girl Scout.

I'd be terrified they'd find me passed out in the garage @ 3 AM covered in crumbs and surrounded by empty boxes.
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    One can help the Girl Scouts, do something for a total stranger, and keep yourself healthy.....Buy a box, and give it to a random stranger wishing them a great day.

Great idea, I'm going to try this.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have 5 different cousins from all different branches of my big family selling, plus two ladies at work with daughters selling. I ordered a box from each of them, but luckily my husband will be the one devouring them for the most part.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are but this year i was delivered from them an all bread. :( super gluten sensitive.. I thought it was normal to feel like that after eating them.
  • alliegator1982
    Options

Great idea, I'm going to try this.

There is an option to "donate" your boxes and it helps the girls get another kind of patch but i can't remember the name.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options

And you hand it to somebody else trying to avoid them :laugh: I do think your idea is a good one though.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i just ordered a box of samoas and a box of savannah smiles! HATE ON IT THEY ARE F-ING AMAZING!!!!!
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The Girl Scouts also have a program where you can buy a box for the troops. They will send them overseas.