Favorite HRM??

I understand the Fitbit is a pedometer and won't track calories burned during weights, etc. Anyone have any suggestions of a good HRM, not looking for frills just calories burned and nothing clunky.

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mmmichelle2386
    mmmichelle2386 Posts: 6 Member
    I have a Polar FT7 and I like it.. it does its job quite well.
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Thanks!
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    I've been using the Polar FT60 for about 4 weeks It gives me just enough details to keep me exercising safe. This one requires a chest strap.
  • Yammii
    Yammii Posts: 15
    I use the "FitBit One" practically all day. I love it!! The only fall back is that it doesn't have a heart rate monitor. When I exercise I use the Polar FT7 watch. It's great!
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 80 Member
    Polar FT4. I've had mine for over a year and use it almost daily. You put in your stats, i.e. age, weight, gender, strap it on the chest strap and the watch/receiver and away you go. I had read reviews on it from people stating theirs stopped working after a month, but I have never had a problem. I just make sure to wash/rinse the chest strap after every use and disconnect the sensor each time. Highly recommended.
  • chelbivandine
    chelbivandine Posts: 33 Member
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it so much! I use it for when I am doing aerobics at home or at the gym. If you are using it at the gym the belt will work with the treadmill or elliptical so you dont have to wear the watch. But personally I love the watch and wear it all the time. It is a nice reminder of how well I did
  • I understand the Fitbit is a pedometer and won't track calories burned during weights, etc. Anyone have any suggestions of a good HRM, not looking for frills just calories burned and nothing clunky.

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

HRM's are not good for calorie burn estimates when lifting. HRM's are designed for steady state activities like walking, running, cycling. I have found MFP gives a good estimate for strength/weight training. Closer than your HRM for that particular activity.
  • I use the Polar FT40, I love it.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Bump for research :P