hit a plateau with losing weight need some HELP PLZ THANK

Options
ive lost 11lbs total using this site but now im stuck which is okat but not stil have few more to go......any suggestions would be great .....believe me im happy ive lost 11lbs already never thought in a millon yrs i could do it this way n lose weight ! yay! plz help what do you do when you hit a plateau????

Replies

• mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This i my 2nd time not loosing for up to 3 weeks at a time.
    I've just stuck with it, walked a bit more, and even though it's only been a tiny loss, it's enough to keep me motivated.
    Also even though the scales haven't been moving, I've been loosing inches.

Well done on your loss so far.
    X
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have hit many plateaus on this journey, and usually after a 10# loss, and every time it was because in my zealousness I decreased my calories too much. Either I started excercising more or I started eating less. Also, there are times where our bodies just need to rest and re-establish homeostasis with your new weight.

I just recently went to my midwife and she said that because our sex hormomes are fat soluble our cycles (if you are natural) need to re-set themselves for every 10 pounds we lose.

If you do a search you will find a myriad of advice.

My tips:

Eat real food. As close to how God made it as possible. Do not eat fake sugars.

Increase your proteins,

Be sure you are eating enough.

Wear a HRM so you can more accurately monitor you excercise calories and eat back at least 50-75% if not all.

Drink lots of pure water or herbal, white, or decaf green tea.

If you think you have been under cutting your calories, take a day or two to eat about 500-700 calories more than you have been.

Try a new excercise.

Take your measurements and think about how your clothes feel. Sometimes fat loss isn't seen on the scales.

Hope this helps some. You will get some good advice.here.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I also hit a plateau there for awhile. I think it was like three to four weeks with no weight loss. That was my second plateau. I just stuck with it and now again for the past two weeks I have lost weight. Just keep at it, you will get there! Maybe to shake things up try giving yourself a day off or do a different workout. Good luck and the weight loss will come again!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Buzzkitty1 Posts: 134
    Options
    I just came off of a major plateau of about 3+ weeks. I just kept plugging away and tracking my food.

Very interesting about each 10#, because this was after a 20# loss!

I also increased the intensity of my workouts.

I know that plateaus can be frustrating, but to me they're a whole lot better than gaining! So just wake up every day and start over. Remember it's about dedication, and not necessarily about motivation. :)