Newbie, with a long way to go.

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Rav, and I am from London, England.

I am 24 years old, and I currently weigh 305 lbs. I have recently lost 20 lbs, which I am very happy about, but recently I have lacked motivation, and am finding it difficult to progress further. I kind of feel stuck, if you know what I mean.

Anyway I have been looking at some other posts on this message board, and I have seen how much of a community myfitnesspal can be. I am therefore hoping that this will help me get back on the right path and subsequently allow me to achieve the goals that I have set for myself.

Keep up the good work guys.

Replies

• glitter67
    glitter67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Rav. Well done on your 20 pound loss.. It's not easy losing weight but we know it has to be done.. I've lost 34 pound so far and have at least another 100 pound to go so I'm in it for the long haul if you want some support!! Feel free to add me. Alison x
  • RavBansal
    Options
    Thank you Alison.

Well done for losing 34 pounds, that is fantastic. It is tough, but like you said, it needs to be done. It may sound cliché, but it really is a life style change, a change that will ultimately be better for us.

Good luck with everything

Rav
  • glitter67
    glitter67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hiya hun, and thank you :) One thing that I've noticed (and I'm sure you know what I mean after losing 20lb) is how much better I feel already.. If I feel like this after losing 34lb, what am I gonna feel like after another 34lb.. and then another 34lb after that!! I'm 45 now Rav and I'd love to be 24 again like you.. Keep going hun and don't give up no matter what.. You have a great life ahead of you but why settle for great? Why not make it amazing and do all the things you know you wont do if things don't change.. I didn't start putting on weight until I was 26/27 but I feel like I've wasted the last 18 years of my life and sadly my lovely hubby and kids have missed out on so many things too because of me like days on the beach,trips to theme park, holidays etc... Grab the bull by the horns now Rav and lose the weight you want to lose.. Don't look back 18 years from now with regrets and "if only" s.

Alison. X
  • RavBansal
    Options
    That is very inspiring Alison. Thanks.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I have recently lost 20 lbs, which I am very happy about, but recently I have lacked motivation, and am finding it difficult to progress further.

This has happend to me so many times. I would drop 20-40 pounds, then my motivation went away. Next thing you know, I gained it all back. So frustrating! Good luck Rav, hopefully things work out better for both of us this time :)
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Rav! I'm Lindsey, and I started MFP at about 400 pounds and I'm down 38 pounds so far. This place is awesome and you're doing amazing so far. If you want to find some help and support from people who are in similar positions, there are some wonderful groups here for people with 100+ pounds to lose. You should check them out!
  • Pattieroo
    Pattieroo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You CAN DO IT!!! there are a lot of ups and downs but ALL of us TOGETHER!!!
  • KindredSpirit89
    Options
    Hey Rav,

I'm new to MFP but just wanted to say I have faith that you can do it. This place seems like a fantastic support and I'm sure with us all working together for the same aim we can inspire and motivate one and other.

Best of luck :)

Charlotte x
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Rav!!!!

Awesome job on your weight loss!!!!!!

I tend to work really hard for awhile and then kinda stop, it's off and on for me - but just keep making good choices and you'll get there.

If you've been doing the same thing for awhile you might change it up - that usually helps me when I'm bored or my loss has stalled.

Good Luck, feel free to add. :)
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Rav,

You can totally do this. I know it's hard when you have so far to go, but you'll get there! Just be consistent every day.

I have some good news for you... if you calculate your resting calories (BMR) and the number of calories you burn in a day, you'll see that you have a tremendous number of calories to play around with. If you eat lower than about 3000 calories in a day, you'll lose weight.

I've been eating under 2300 calories a day and working out, and I've lost almost 40 pounds in 4 months. I'm not even hungry, so if I can survive on 2300 you can easily eat 2800 or so.

Here's a calculator to play around with. Feel free to send me a friend request - you can check out my diary for some ideas on how to set up your day and what to eat.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Good luck!
  • RavBansal
    Options
    Thanks! I hope so too.
  • RavBansal
    Options
    You CAN DO IT!!! there are a lot of ups and downs but ALL of us TOGETHER!!!

That fantastic!
  • RavBansal
    Options
    Hi Rav!!!!

Awesome job on your weight loss!!!!!!

I tend to work really hard for awhile and then kinda stop, it's off and on for me - but just keep making good choices and you'll get there.

If you've been doing the same thing for awhile you might change it up - that usually helps me when I'm bored or my loss has stalled.

Good Luck, feel free to add. :)

Thanks for your kind words and yes I think your right about the boredom thing.
  • RavBansal
    Options
    Rav,

You can totally do this. I know it's hard when you have so far to go, but you'll get there! Just be consistent every day.

I have some good news for you... if you calculate your resting calories (BMR) and the number of calories you burn in a day, you'll see that you have a tremendous number of calories to play around with. If you eat lower than about 3000 calories in a day, you'll lose weight.

I've been eating under 2300 calories a day and working out, and I've lost almost 40 pounds in 4 months. I'm not even hungry, so if I can survive on 2300 you can easily eat 2800 or so.

Here's a calculator to play around with. Feel free to send me a friend request - you can check out my diary for some ideas on how to set up your day and what to eat.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look at that calculator.
  • RavBansal
    Options
    Hey Rav,

I'm new to MFP but just wanted to say I have faith that you can do it. This place seems like a fantastic support and I'm sure with us all working together for the same aim we can inspire and motivate one and other.

Best of luck :)

Charlotte x

Thanks Charlotte, that is what I am really hoping to get out of this.
  • RavBansal
    Options
    I have recently lost 20 lbs, which I am very happy about, but recently I have lacked motivation, and am finding it difficult to progress further.

This has happend to me so many times. I would drop 20-40 pounds, then my motivation went away. Next thing you know, I gained it all back. So frustrating! Good luck Rav, hopefully things work out better for both of us this time :)

I really hope so. Good luck to you to.
  • RavBansal
    Options
    Hi Rav! I'm Lindsey, and I started MFP at about 400 pounds and I'm down 38 pounds so far. This place is awesome and you're doing amazing so far. If you want to find some help and support from people who are in similar positions, there are some wonderful groups here for people with 100+ pounds to lose. You should check them out!

I will definitely have a look, thanks Lindsey.
  • MikeP3350
    Options
    Hi Rav I'm Mike. When I started my journey in Aug I was 306 lbs. Finally got my head back into it after so many failed attempts. I'm down 60 lbs now and still going strong. I really hope I don't loose motivation. Trust me if I can do this anyone can. You just ha e to think is that itialian food or double cheeseburger really worth feeling like crap. It took me a long time to get there but the fact that you joined MFP means you are ready. What took me a while is realizing you can still go out to eat with friends or family you just have to order the right way. Instead of the Bacon Cheeseburger and fries(my personal favorite) you have to order a grilled chicken and vegtibles or a roast beef wrap. Good luck to you
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi Rav! You have come to the right place! There is so much love and support on here from all over the WORLD! It is an amzing site and I really wish you all the very best! I have only been on here 15 days and I can't tell you what a difference that has made! Please feel free to add me ( everyone can!) and we can do this! WE CAN DO THIS!! Again, all the best!
  • RavBansal
    Options
    Thanks Mike!