I'm lonely :(

Options
Hi, I'm Laura and I joined about 2 weeks ago but I have no friends on here :( so feel free to send me a request.
I'm 21 trying to lose 1-2 stone
Anyone who could give me any gym fat busting tips would become my best friend :)

Replies

• oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I am too. I have a great boyfriend, a great family, but day to day, I'm not around people much. It's isolating
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    gym fat busting tips? use weights! build muscle. do cardio other days
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I know lots of workouts that target certain areas. I have 51 more pounds to lose. 76 already lost, so I'm over halfway there! I'm 22. :)
  • erinsundberg
    erinsundberg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to msg me anytime!!
  • lauralouw91
    lauralouw91 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    gym fat busting tips? use weights! build muscle. do cardio other days

I've been doing a few weight machines. :)
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    :cry:
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laura and I joined about 2 weeks ago but I have no friends on here :( so feel free to send me a request.
    Anyone who could give me any gym fat busting tips would become my best friend :)

What's a "stone"? Haven't heard that term before...
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

1 stone = 14 lbs

it's a brit thing.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    *Heavy free weights kick *kitten*, and short intensive cardio sessions. You don't need to do 40 minutes on an elliptical, just 20, or 15, doing HIIT. Also, squats and lunges are really fantastic.

*By heavy, I mean start at 5kg and work your way up, I'm currently using 9kg dumbells for shoulder press and a 15kg bar for biceps curls.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

1 stone = 14 lbs

it's a brit thing.

Ah, ok thanks :)
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.

gym busting tip: build up your workout. start with at least 30 minuets a day.
  • davoiscool
    davoiscool Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't feel lonely, feel awesome!
  • lauralouw91
    Options

Haha sorry!
    14lb is a stone
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    dont know much about gym YET, but I know how you feel...I started here in Aug, have a few friends on here, but most of the time get ignored...probably because I haven't been exercising....but I have been having gluten issues and have been very fatigued for about a year...just discovering the problem recently....but I have lost almost 40 lbs since I started my journey 2 years ago.......what I have been doing to try to fight the fatigue is to eat NUTRIENT RICH, but try to stay low in calories....while everythng is going slow, I am getting results....I have about 60 lbs (4.3 stone) left to go. If you would like to be my friend., please send me a request...you can check out my profile first if you would like.....
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 2 stone off to add me if you like:happy:
  • ashleydainn1986
    ashleydainn1986 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone... My name is ashley... I used to do MY fit pall alot... but it has been about 2 years since... so startin out brand new again.... Feel fee to add me if you would like... Good luck to you all
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    Hi add me .
  • niccyka
    niccyka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1 stone = 6.35kg (for those that need to convert)!
  • lauralouw91
    Options
    *Heavy free weights kick *kitten*, and short intensive cardio sessions. You don't need to do 40 minutes on an elliptical, just 20, or 15, doing HIIT. Also, squats and lunges are really fantastic.

*By heavy, I mean start at 5kg and work your way up, I'm currently using 9kg dumbells for shoulder press and a 15kg bar for biceps curls.

Your so brave. All the huge men lifting free weights terrify me!
  • rkiran2003
    rkiran2003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nutrition and workouts are the key. Please try the spinning classes if you have any around your area. They are one of the best ways to burn. I reduced close to 40 lbs with spinning. my fat % is at 19 now from 32%