Exercises to pick up weight loss!

Options
I am currently 174.5 pounds, and 5"7 also female! My goal is 140-130
I have already lost 4 pounds but I feel like the past few days I have plateaued, I wanted to know of some great ways to exercise and get this process moving!
I am having a great time, and so happy with the success so far!

Also if any of you have recipes or tips all is appreciated, I know this takes time, but I have become very conscious and do not want to stop until I have reached my goal to feel comfortable and wonderful for my loved ones!

Thanks!

Replies

• BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Try chair dancing & pole dancing? You might enjoy it more than you think. My friend got me hooked a couple months ago :-)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    a plateau is after 2 weeks of not losing. You are already close to a healthy weight, or in the healthy range, so it might be closer to a month before it's really a plateau. Focus more on forming healthy habits, being consistent getting your workouts in, eating right foods, in the right amounts, at the right time. Lots of water. and weight lifting. we should all strive to lift heavier.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    and don't be afraid to eat healthy fats. they aid weightloss as long as it's not extra calories.
  • JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do exercises from fitnessblender.com they have lots of great ones!
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I would change up your workout I find sometimes I don't see change when I am doing the same thing week after week. Try a fitness class I personally love Zumba.
  • rocuf
    rocuf Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Best to pick up a good heartrate monitor so you can see what your kcal burn when you exercise. Make sure you check the topic threads on which ones to get. I have been using a polar ft60 for over a year and only changed batteries once. Still works like a champ. I like to use the elliptical and also do interval training to get big burns. Any cardio exercise you can do on a regualr basis will be great. Also, don't forget to do some strength training, the more muscles you have the more kcal are burned by just your normal activity.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hit the weights.
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Try a bunch of different activities and discover new ones to love. I was invited to take a boxing class by the owner of a gym who trained a friend of mine in boxing. It was free, and I was looking for something for stress relief and lo and behold, I LOVED IT! So now I'm taking a boxing class once a week. I love swimming so I tried an aqua-zumba class. It's a lot of fun. I've always wanted to try Tai-chi, so I'll be doing that sometime this month as well.

I've never been much of one for running, but since I've been working on the C25K, I'm really enjoying that too!

Shake things up and do different things. That will improve how you feel about working out, and that can also change your results.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred!!

all 3 levels are free on youtube on BeFit
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!