I will not be a fat bride!

Options
I know...I'm a stereotype...

Booked my wedding last weekend...for 18 months' time... and I vow to get in the best shape of my life for it!!! I'm 32 and I haven't really been slim and in shape since I was 18.

I've got my eye on a gorgeous blush-coloured strapless figure-hugging dress. I want a slim waist. And defined arms. And I have to get rid of that bit of flab near the armpit that hangs over in tank tops! I don't wear dresses at the mo. :-( And I can't wait for friends and family who I haven't seen in a while to be totally flabbergasted!!!

(Btw, ocassionally you get the odd person slating people for being 'vain' for posts about wanting to look good. It's not. I've been diagnosed with a pretty serious health condition and that's my main motivation. But wanting to look good and feel confident is fine too, so shhh you people!)

Any other brides-to-be out there?

Replies

• eemott
    eemott Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am in the same position...except my wedding is in October (YIKES!!!) so I'm really on a time crunch and doing this the healthy way and still getting good results will be a challenge. Add me if you'd like to chat!
  • 50lbz130
    Options
    Good luck! Remember you can do anything you put your mind to.
  • mjenne74
    mjenne74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am with you as well. My Partner and I are getting married in September! So I have less than 8 months to drop some weight. Be realistic with your goals and use the wedding as your motivator and you will do great! And there is nothing wrong with wanting to look good and being healthy at the same time! Add me if you would like.
  • DrmWmn
    DrmWmn Posts: 8
    Options
    With it being your wedding day, I completely understand. I wish I knew then what I know now! I would've been a smoking hot bride, lol.

But you ladies have plenty of time to reach your goals :smile:

If you would like someone to help cheer you on, and coach you for FREE, let me know. I'd love to help!
  • douglassk
    Options
    My wedding is May 11th. I just started training for a half marathon that is only one week before wedding. I figured with training for that it will hopefully shed some pounds along the way and be at the weight I want to be by the wedding!

Good luck to you!!
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You will NOT be a fat bride!!!! :-) You CAN and WILL do this! Stay with it and stay positive! Keep a picture of the dress on the mirror or refrigerator to keep you focused if you need to.
  • bethanyn311
    bethanyn311 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose weight for our wedding and never did haha. But I am now! We are together!! :-) We put on this weight together actually lol and now we are taking it off together.
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't have a date set but I too am getting in shape for my future wedding which will be coming within the next few years. I have a son with the man I plan to marry and we're just so busy with work AND school that we don't want to also take on a wedding plan... just no time.... but he's almost done with school and has jobs lined up so when that happens, I wont even have to work! And there'll be plenty of time for wedding planning then.

I want my wedding photos to be something i look back on and am proud of. I want to look amazing. and I want to STAY looking amazing well into middle-age
  • CandiSki
    CandiSki Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm getting married in June of this year and I'm wearing a ball gown, not even a form fitting dress, and I still feel I need to lose weight. My arms especially need to be toned. So, I'm losing weight for my wedding, but also for my health. I ask myself "IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN?," and right now is the PERFECT opportunity. Don't let people make you think it's vain to want to lose weight for your own wedding, hell even bridesmaids want to lose weight when that time comes around! We can do this! :)
  • CandiSki
    CandiSki Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Also, add me if you would like to!
  • missmuertos
    missmuertos Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amen to this! I'm getting married in September and I am determined to be fit and healthy by that time so that I can look and feel my best. Add me if you would like some support from a fellow bride-to-be! :) x
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I said this same thing and it didn't work...

<<~~~ look at that big ol' booty!! lol

BUT! Now I have a more serious goal. I don't want to be an out of shape Mom. I'm working on my body now so that when we start our family I won't be too far gone to find my way back. I've found this to be far more motivating than the wedding, peronally.

Just don't put too much pressure on yourself. I think that was my problem. Good luck! :flowerforyou: