NSV: Ran a Mile And Quit Smoking Cigarettes!

Options
After 18 months of a sedentary lifestyle and 10 months of smoking, I put them down 11 days ago and I started exercising again! I had to stop running at 22 weeks pregnant with my youngest because it was starting to hurt. Unfortunately, if I can't run, I lose motivation, so I got lazy. My baby is now 14 months old and I no longer have the excuse of the baby fat. lol I ran 1/8 of a mile 3 days ago, then I picked it up to 1/4 mile the next day. I was surprised by my lung capacity, after having smoked more than half a pack a day for almost a year! So the next night I upped it to however far I thought I could go. It was surprisingly alot easier than I thought it would be! I am sore, but I might've been able to go another half mile before I'd be totally wiped out. I'm so glad I got back into it! After completing my mile, I decided that cigarettes no longer have room in my life. I haven't even had a craving for them. It's weird, but YAY! :happy:

Replies

• cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! It is a tough thing to kick the cancer sticks, I am officially at 2.5 years smoke free now myself so it is always great to hear others success! Keep up[ the good work and just know you no longer stink like an ashtray!
  • janies321
    Options
    Great job! It's a motivation to me, because I just quit a month ago and sometimes I want to light up. Thank you!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That is awesome good for you! I am currently at 10 months of being smoke free as well, but I haven't gone out and jogged yet hehe. I remember the first three weeks of quitting was so horrible for me. I was emotional, and so mad like all of the time. I avoided my phone for like a month straight haha.
  • girlsrun
    Options
    Best thing I have read all day!!! Keep it up! You are saving your life and will be around to raise your children. You are awesome!!!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I just don't want to lose steam and stop. I need motivation to keep going. Anyone can friend me, if you want! :)
  • kayholt2012
    kayholt2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    How awesome are you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!