30 Day Shred Exercise List

Options
I'm not sure if anyone else does this, but I get bored watching the DVD and want to listen to music I like. The second day I got a dry erase board out and after each exercise, I wrote down how many times I did each one (rounded to the nearest 5). That way I know, for example, that after I do 25 jumping jacks, I do 60 jump ropes, etc. And it's a lot easier than keeping track of the time, since I already know that's how many I can do in that time. By looking at the list as I exercise, I know when I'm halfway done and there's just a little more left. Everyday I just put the board on my dresser, go through the list, and I'm done. I also change my playlist everyday which helps keep it interesting and me motivated.

Hopefully this idea is useful to others who get bored watching the same video day after day.

Replies

• brig_1_g
    brig_1_g Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea, I get bored as well. I've been playing it on my computer and having the tv on or music going as it plays.
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!!
  • cdburger94
    cdburger94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Does it work well? I haven't been exercising for almost 6 months now, just a walk here and there. I also can't stand the music they play in workout videos --- so I always have earbuds in!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea! I can't stand the sound of Jillian's voice on her DVD's!
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    you should post a snapshot of that routine for those of us curious about the DVD (and too broke to purchase one..lol)
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! I really don't like to exercise and that is what I have been doing as well. I try to staying moving through out the day until I get into a exercise routine.
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea...but I suggest going to online-stopwatch.com and creating an interval timer. I just think it would be better to push yourself to do more in that time rather than staying at the same level you already know you can do. Just my 2 cents :)
  • LoriPayne
    Options
    Another great free website full of similar exercise routines, motivation, training, etc is HASFIT.COM best website I've ever found. Must be 200 different videos and you can piece together your workout however you want.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    this should be a playlist of Jillian workouts from youtube.
    I don't have a list of the exercises, but they are pretty simple. she repeats the circuits several times.
    I'm interested in making 30 DS harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-WiQKi_W8&feature=share&list=PLAyhyyQUY7ivq8qrUxM4iIsoJZtkmP-75
  • katy_trail
    Options
    i like hasfit too. he has a great facebook page too. you don't have to be a member of facebook to see it. just google it.
    lots of motivating messages.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    here's another website for workouts.
    http://www.realhollywoodtrainer.com/

she's very cute, but not annoying to me in the way that denise austin and pop pilates is.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    Does it work well? I haven't been exercising for almost 6 months now, just a walk here and there. I also can't stand the music they play in workout videos --- so I always have earbuds in!

http://www.realhollywoodtrainer.com/10_Day_BEGINNER.html
  • djzephyr
    djzephyr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea...but I suggest going to online-stopwatch.com and creating an interval timer. I just think it would be better to push yourself to do more in that time rather than staying at the same level you already know you can do. Just my 2 cents :)

Oh... I didn't know there was an interval timer (but I guess I never really checked). And yes, I do push myself by doing more than I've written down if I feel that I can. Thanks!
  • djzephyr
    djzephyr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you should post a snapshot of that routine for those of us curious about the DVD (and too broke to purchase one..lol)

I believe each level is also posted on YouTube if you check!
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks for links all!! Always looking for something new :)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

http://www.realhollywoodtrainer.com/10_Day_BEGINNER.html

I tried some of her routines after stumbling onto them on youtube.

Another good youtube find for free workout routines is FitnessBlender, they also have their own site Fitnessblender.com but i like to use youtube. They don't have any music playing so you can play your own.

They have all types of routines, here is a HIIT cardio one....

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exercise-detail/HIIT-the-Ground-Running-33-Min-High-Intensity-Interval-Training-for-Endurance-Total-Body-Toning/e3/
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump