What's for dinner tonight?

Options
Hey MFP'ers!

Happy almost Friday!!! So here's the scoop....I'm home alone tonight while the hubby is at a school function and I forgot to plan to make dinner :O. Shocking...I know!!! I am so excited that I got a crock pot as a wedding gift...I couldn't wait to use it. I went to the store yesterday and bought a bunch of groceries to use on my new crock pot....exciting...I know!!!! Turns out while I was at school today I realized i forgot to put things in the crock pot to cook while I was at work...boo! So I just got home and I'm just curious at what you guys are doing for dinner? Please feel free to share pics :))

Happy Counting!!!

Replies

• Louisa_L
    Louisa_L Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My go-to when my dh isn't home (or for lunch) is two small yellow corn tortillas topped with oven roasted deli turkey and mozzarella cheese. Pop it in the microwave for 1 minute. Add 1/4 of avocado to the both of them and top with salsa. Delish!!
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    Salmon patties with seasoned mixed greens and mac and cheese! I didn't take anything out this morning either. Canned salmon is a great pantry mainstay! Best wishes in your journey.
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It is a little boring, but I made grilled chicken, quinoa, and steamed veggies. Dessert was greek yogurt and fresh strawberries. I made enough to have extra to take for lunch at work tomorrow.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Lasagna
  • mtaiken2
    Options
    Roasted Balsamic Rosemary Chicken with roasted onion and potato's. First time I have made it and it was so good and all I had to do was mix the ingredients and put in a baking dish a leave it for 20 min flip my veggies and then 20 minutes and it was done and SOOOO GOODD!!! will be having this again! : )
  • larosevear
    Options
    Roasted Balsamic Rosemary Chicken with roasted onion and potato's. First time I have made it and it was so good and all I had to do was mix the ingredients and put in a baking dish a leave it for 20 min flip my veggies and then 20 minutes and it was done and SOOOO GOODD!!! will be having this again! : )

Yummy!!!! I'll have that!! :D
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Taco salad using ground turkey. One of my "go-to" meals.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Thai Yellow Curry!

extremely hot and spicey, made with baby corn, water spinach, carrot slices, green beans, garlic tons and onions and coconut milk... and even afforded rice with it.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    bacon.

yep, just bacon :indifferent:
  • tif83
    tif83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i'm having gorton's fish- t's battered and delish but 2 pieces are only 250 cal. :)

im in looooove w/ this fish and have been eating it almost every nite for mos. i used to alternate w/ chicken, but i haven't bought any in awhile. then i had some chicken for lunch today (forgot my lunch and got take out from outback- holy calories!) and it reminded me how much i love chicken. so, i'll be picking some up this w/e.

what did u ever end up doing for dinner? :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    bacon.

yep, just bacon :indifferent:

yum, jealous!! I had roasted chicken and sweet potatoes
  • queenchaos
    queenchaos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Some of those recipes sound great.... where did you get them from or where they self created???

Thanks!
  • mtaiken2
    Options
    Yeah I used 2 tbsp of eevo, 2 tbsp of balsamic vinager, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, 1 tbsp of rosemary herb, mix all that together and I used skinless, boneless chicken breast and used mixture to coat chicken and veggies. Pretty much you can use any veggies you want and roast in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes then flip your veggies and roast for another 20 minutes, use a jeely roll p-an or a baking dish with at least a 2 inch lip. Hope you enjoy ! I used 4 skinless boneless chicken breat but it is enough to cover at least 6.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    spam single (I know.....but I love this stuff and it's EASY) microwave sweet potato with some brown sugar.....As hard as it is to believe I actually saved some calories today so I could eat this... LOL!!!
  • tutti777
    Options
    BUMP
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I had grilled chicken, with roasted potatoes and steamed spinach, celery, zucchini and cherry tomatoes..oh and some left over rice from last night
  • lovelymrsbasham
    Options
    I made cod with a spinach salad topped with olives, sliced almonds, and a tbsp thousand island :) and an apple with a little caramel for dessert.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    Fish fingers on Ezekiel bread toast with HP sauce. and it was delicious.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Homemade cornbread and chilli.

The other night when I did the same thing, I made split pea soup.
  • WeightWatcherCindy
    Options
    Crock pot Mexican chicken with a cup of brown rice .