discouraged :( friends?

Options
Hello friends! Well, friends I wish I had. I'm Jordan and I'm 23. I have been on this journey for about 6 years. At my heaviest I was 260. I lost almost 100 lbs on WW over the course of 4 years. I am 165 and have struggled immensely with the last 30 lbs. I started back on MFP on Monday and have kept up with tracking everything I consume. I work two jobs and go to school full time so I'm always on the run it seems. I weighed in on Sunday at 163 and when I jumped on the scale today (knew I shouldn't have!) I was 165 :( I have been eating substantially better but have not started exercising yet. I have a beautiful treadmill but I haven't been on it in months. I want to try the Couch25K program.

There are SO many benefits to being in shape and I could definitely use it for stress reduction and a good night's rest. I am looking for a buddy to keep me motivated (mutually, of course), maybe someone who is also doing Couch25K.

It seems like this is a never ending cycle that leads me back to where I am now. It is so discouraging to see a gain when I have really put in effort by saying no to all the sweets. I want to break the cycle.

:) Add me if you need a buddy, I sure do!

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel but DON'T GIVE UP 2lbs could be of anything i gained 10lbs this morning using my new scale and i felt crappy but now its like f*** you scales you lie! go by how your clothes fit if you know the scale is going to determine how your day dont get on its not like you wont lose weight if you dont weigh yourself all the time feel free to add me id love to motivate you i can see that your alot like me when it comes to the scales good luck chick :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for maintaining your weight loss from WW!! That is success indeed. Keep up the good work and remember success is never giving up! I would not worry about scale overly much because anything can cause scale to go up and down. Consistency is key.
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    I can totally relate!!! I'm down 65 pounds and those 20 I have left are stubborn...well partially my fault...it's true abs are made in the kitchen. We must eat good everyday to see results. You got this girly, lets make it happen this year!!!!
  • beezay7
    Options
    You look amazing! I only wish I looked half as good as you :) This is my year, I swear it!
  • peacelovecandace
    Options
    I just started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago. I've been eating super clean and exercising almost everyday (cardio + strength training) and drinking 8+ cups of water a day. It's been two weeks of this and I have lost 2 pounds, so I definitely understand feeling discouragement. What's even worse is feeling discouraged AND alone. My husband is at work so can't be here to comfort me and it seems my MFP friends just don't care. I posted two statuses about it and heard nothing from them, so that was awesome. I am going to send you a friend request. I love to encourage my friends. And just know that I am always here to talk/listen.
  • DrmWmn
    DrmWmn Posts: 8
    Options
    Sent! You look great!
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Don't feel alone. Most of the people on MFP are probably feeling that way plenty of times. The scale is not as important as you making these changes and sticking to them. Any loss is better than none and have faith that is will all fall into place. It hasn't been all that long so it is too early to evaluate your plan. If it needs tweeked a little then that is what you will do. Have a good and healthy night.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Having the Couch25k is an awesome goal, but don't set yourself up for failure. Jump on the treadmill and walk. Walk everyday until you can jog then jog until you run. I have often done this to myself. Kept saying I was going to run, I was going to jog, I was going to do something. I recently just started walking 60-90 minutes at a time. I feel like I'm accomplishing something and getting stronger. Sooner or later I will be running. :)

Brittany
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great job on the loss so far, I'm the same weight as you right now and would like to lose 20 more to get to my ultimate goal weight. Don't worry about the 2 lb shift in a few days, it's most likely water weight, unless you consumed an EXTRA 7000 calories over the last 2 days :wink:

Add me if you like, I log in daily (I'm at 400something days now) and am always around for some support.