my diet plateau

Options
I have been trying to lose weight that I put on during and after my 3 pregnancies. After having my last child (a year and a half ago) I have lost 20lbs…but I have had a hard time getting and staying below 180lbs (my plateau). Today after about two weeks on this site I am 180.1 lbs hopping to stay motivate.

Replies

• melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    Don't worry, a lot of people plateau and then when the plateau breaks they lose quite a lot quickly! if it doesnt end in a week or two then maybe try adjusting your calorie count: some recommend up and some recommend down. Or try and do a bit more exercise etc. Congratulations on your weight loss so far! x
  • RedRacket
    Options
    I know what has helped me at times is maybe adding some interval training in while you are doing your cardio or strength training. Try to change it up and I bet you will see some results. Congrats on losing 20 lbs so far though, that is wonderful and I commend you on having three children too! Good luck and you can do it!!
  • mimi135
    mimi135 Posts: 6
    Options
    I feel the same way. It has been almost 2 weeks on the site. I lost 2 lbs right away and nothing since!! I'm getting discouraged. I have exceeded my exercise goal. the only things is I have been a little below my calorie intake. I usually have 100-200 calories left. could this be the reason??? I never believed in the theory that our bodies go into "starvation mode" I thought if i was burning more calories than I was eating I would lose. I am getting s discouraged!!!!
  • yazi_livefit
    yazi_livefit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello,

It seems like we all reach that point sooner or later. The best advice I got was from a fitness trainer when I got to the same point, and that is to lower your calorie goal by a notch and when you exercise push your limits a bit. If you are accustomed to jogging 15 mins at 4mph do 20 mins at 4.5 mph or if you work out with 10lb weights do 12 lb or 15 lb also increase the number of repetitions. Feel the burn in your muscles and don't stop because you counted til 20- instead stop because you can't complete another rep. Don't forget to push yourself a bit- remember- NO PAIN NO GAIN!! They say that for a reason.

Also, you must try and drink the 8 glasses of water. Our body is consisted of 80% of water, we must ensure we supply enough water to avoid storing fat.

Hope this helps you any- just whatever you do- do not give up! You are doing fantastic! :)
  • Kiiradee
    Kiiradee Posts: 12
    Options
    cant add any more then whats been said but keep it up , ive lost 13 stone (not sure in lbs) and im going through a slow patch but i wont give up ... congrats on loosing so far x
  • yazi_livefit
    yazi_livefit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well starving yourself will not help as your body will send signals to your brain that there is a deficit of certain vitamin, mineral or whatever you cutting down, so next time you consume it- guess where it goes, straight for your butt, thighs, love handles or belly. Restricting is definitely not an answer. I have learned that we must eat (meal or a healthy snack) every three hours in order to boost the metabolism. Skip your snack or your meal and the production slows or shuts down....so keep munching---it's actually good for you. However, be aware of your calories.

It's spring, so take advantage of the great veggies that the nature has given you....like cucumbers! Only 24 calories in a medium peeled cucumber, sprinkle with salt, add vinegar and a drop of oil, stir this up and whoa-la you got yourself a 30 calorie salad!
  • lisa06b
    lisa06b Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for the support !!! ONE day at a time, 110% ;) I will get over the bump!!