What is your weirdest healthy snack?

Options

Replies

• TISHkidneytransplant28
    Options
    Mine has to be peperoncinis and a glass of milk (to put out the fire in my mouth). Most people think its gross, but I find this combo pretty delicious. Tough on sodium counts, but stops any other cravings in their tracks - and some liquid protein to boot!

I looove Pepperoncinis!
  • deminimis
    deminimis Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Habenaro stuffed olives. Spicy (the spicier the better) pickles. Cereal (Fiber One) with skim milk is my go-to snack/desert food, however.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    chicken and water... blended

:sick:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Microwaved turkey hot dog (no bun of course). High in sodium but only 45 calories.

I do this too.
  • TISHkidneytransplant28
    Options
    popcorn (no butter or salt or those weird powder things) and tabasco. everyone thinks i'm crazy but its really good

That one of my fav too! Your not crazy at all:)
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    quinoa cup cakes!

little bites that taste like pizza (i add chopped peppers, homemade pizza sauce, crumbled feta and basil) and bake them in a cup cake tray. About 30kcals each, they are high protein and a couple staves off hunger for ages. Keep in the fridge for three days too
    I'm going to try this tonight, sounds amazing and easy!
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Raw carrots with mustard

Steamed carrots tossed with mustard, cumin, oregano, and balsamic vinegar.

I guess I just like the carrots/mustard combo? I know it probably sounds disgusting but it's delicious!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Gluten-Free Quinoa Pizza Bites

http://www.fitsugar.com/Gluten-Free-Quinoa-Pizza-Bites-21988461

Ingredients

1 cup uncooked quinoa
    2 large eggs
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
    1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    Pizza sauce for dipping

Directions

Place the quinoa and two cups of water in a covered pot. Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.
    Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (one heaping tablespoon each), and press down gently to compact.
    Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping.

Makes 24 mini muffin bites.

Print recipe with images | without images

Here's the nutritional info for one pizza bite. If you enjoy three for a snack it's 144 calories, 2.1 grams of fiber, and 8.4 grams of protein.

Source: Calorie Count
  • iampam4399
    iampam4399 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Any flavor container of yogurt, with pretzels crushed on top. The pretzels satisy the salty/crunchy need, while the yogurt satisfies the sweet/creamy need. Yummo!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    My mom always gives me a strange look when I put pepper on my toast, but toast isn't the healthiest lawls.

So I'd have to say lemon juice with seasoning salt and pepper on popcorn.

Or, honestly, just the lemon. I could seriously eat those for breakfast, and limes are delicious too.
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm going to try most of these, they don't sound weird at all!

Mashed avocado mixed with cottage cheese with the juice from half of a lime and hot sauce. I could, and have, eaten that for dinner.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers and salsa. To me it makes perfect sense, but people always make comments and look at me funny. But it's super good.

Try celery and salsa! It's yummy, plus the celery is a good scooper!
  • JesstheBest723
    Options
    White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter & Banana Chobani
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I like to peel and slice a lemon into small slices, add a dash of fish sauce and some hot Asian ground chili and eat the whole thing. It satisfies my monthly salty-sour craving.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots and hummus.
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    almond butter and pickle sandwich! soo good!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I love making avacado chocolate pudding, black bean brownies, and dipping pickles in peanutbutter ;D
  • MegDaig
    MegDaig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't weird....

Oats + egg whites + cinnamon

Or....my fave.....

Oats + peanut butter + mayhaw jelly
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Cold cuts of chicken and marmite.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Well, today I had a can of tuna for a snack. As food goes it's not weird, but I rarely see people just eating cans of tuna, so I guess it's a little abnormal.

I do the tuna pouches. Just add lemon juice and pepper and I chow down.

My co-worker teases me about my soup as a snack since it is 2 cups worth of chicken and rice soup made with leek, butternut squash and mushrooms. She tells me it isn't a snack, it is 2nd lunch.