Blizzard!

Options
Anyone else in this east coast blizzard? The snow accumulation is insane so far! It kinda makes me laugh that the towns here are disabled during freak storms though. I grew up in Kansas where our whole winters were like this. Snowball fight anyone?

Replies

• tjohn034
    tjohn034 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Getting snow tonight but no blizzard, would love to have a snow ball fight lol
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    It's not snowing here, yet. But we are suppose to get some this weekend.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Yes, a whole 2-4" expected here.... :laugh:
  • favhrnstr
    Options
    Got a good 7" so far, and it keeps coming! (Hence my hot chocolate treat this afternoon haha!)
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    This is an unusual amount of snow for us, and it's still coming down. :happy:

081_zps19a2a1b2.jpg
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    ***launches snowball***

A little snow here in Montreal today, but not a lot. We're expecting a bunch on the weekend though
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ahahaha.... Nothing has ever shut down where I live and we average around 48in per year and have in fact hit the negative of that on the temperature scale quite a few times as well.
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    <dunks snowball> Where are ya'll at? I'm near Blacksburg, VA.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    weather forecasters were calling for 4-8inches here.... then it dropped to 1-3, then it was back up to 4-8..... however, I saw only a few flakes of snow today so far, and it was 45 today...... weather guys are notoriously bad at predicting for my area for some reason -- I'm in fredericksburg va but they can't predict for northern va either - when it comes to any kind of winter weather..... I'll be surprised if there's even a dusting in the morning because all day it has just rained, some sleet, and a few snow flakes.
  • denisemroth
    denisemroth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida so we're missing the snow but we've been issued a "snuggle alert" - might get into the 60s tonight. Stay safe everybody!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    blizzard? It's like 40 and sunny for the next few days up in New England
  • denisemroth
    denisemroth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida so we're missing the snow but we've been issued a "snuggle alert" - might get into the 60s tonight. Stay safe everybody!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    No snow here in the midwest. Boooooo... I'm jealous! Enjoy it!
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm in Alaska and it's been snowing since day before yesterday. But, I am in Alaska :laugh:
  • tjohn034
    tjohn034 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in Alaska and it's been snowing since day before yesterday. But, I am in Alaska :laugh:
    Can you share some????:bigsmile:
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida. Our low for the night is 44 degrees. can you believe that? that's preposterous. I'm going to have to wear pants when I walk the dog in the morning.

and shoes. only plebs wear shoes.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I can't handle the cold! Glad I live in a warm climate. I've got a marathon this weekend and I'd hate to be running in the snow!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I live in the East Coast.... but in Canada lol. So yeah, I'm used to snow :P But it's not snowing now, it was yesterday though and we are supposed to get a bit on Saturday. Normal winter :)

*throws snow ball*
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Where on the East Coast? I guess my part of the East is missing it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I guess it's whatever you're used to. I can't handle the heat. Ran tonight, and it was about 0 F (-18C).... brrrr!!!!