Need some buddies for support!

Options
Hey all! I just joined MFP around a week ago. I've religiously kept to my calorie count and have lost 4.3 lbs this week so far. Problem is, I don't feel like it's much of an accomplishment because I have 100 lbs to lose. I feel like it's just a drop in the bucket. I would love to meet a couple friends I can chat with, bounce ideas off of, etc. I don't have any friends, and my family is not very supportive of me. Anyway, if any of you feel like you are in the same boat as I am, I'd love to make a new friend or two!

Replies

• msmith3518
    msmith3518 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wow 4.3lbs in one week is awesome! check out the post on what 80's pounds lost looks like - very inspirational! You can add me as a friend we can support each other!
  • christadj
    Options
    4.3 lbs in one week is fantastic! Just remember that every single pound gone counts! This is my second week, I lost 3 lbs this week. My goal is 30 lbs to start (short term goal to get under 200). Feel free to add me for support!
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's sooooo cheesy but remember it's a marathon, not a sprint! 4.3lbs (almost 5% of your total goal) in one week nothing to sneeze at, and the fact that you are not letting the calorie count slip away is great as well! It seems like you're setting a really strong foundation to keep your weight loss goals supported for a long time!
  • wetuscox
    wetuscox Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Request sent!
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your Success! Keep your goals in sight and you will reach them. Please feel free to add me!

Sara
  • tellerenae
    Options
    Congrats on the 4.3!!
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you are doing great! I will help support you if you want me to.
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    4 lbs in a week is awesome!! I'll send you a request :) We can support each other!
  • heiditracker
    heiditracker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    4.3lbs is AWESOME! Did you ever see Oprah wheel out how much weight she lost in ground hamburger? Just imagine what 4.3 lbs, even 1lb of meat looks like and that came off of your body. Don't be discouraged, it just takes time.
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    thats awesome for your first week keep on doing what your doing. : )
  • fit2ndhalf
    fit2ndhalf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 4.3 pounds is great!

I just started, too. I have 80 to 90 pounds to lose, and my short term goal is 43 pounds, which will put me under 200. Please, everyone, feel free to add me. I would love some buddies and support!
  • delg3895
    Options
    I am new to this as well and am always up to offer support! You are doing a great job and have lots of support here!
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Request sent!
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well done! I just sent my request :)
  • rodupont
    rodupont Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am thrilled for you. Imagine if you GAINED 4.3lb 's in a week. You'd think it was a huge amount. I just signed up yesterday but calorie counting on Monday. I need to lose 30lbs. I quit smoking 9 weeks ago and cannot gain any more weight or I'll get depressed and start again. Yikes, I really need to get this weight off.
  • Rrrroxy777
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have lots to lose too and it always feels like an overwhelming number when you look at it as a whole. Just set yourself some achievable mini goals along the way and you'll be there before you know it! :D
  • stormofthedragon
    Options
    Glad to see that you are trying. Your doing very well too with more than four pounds lost! I had trouble keeping motivated until I joined Karate. Maybe you should join a class you like. It will both keep you in shape and motivated. An added bonus is the additional exercise might make you want to eat less. It did for me. ^_^ good luck. I'll send a request.
  • kayholt2012
    kayholt2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!! Don't get discouraged! There are lots of people here to cheer you on!
  • tlskim
    tlskim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • aae27
    aae27 Posts: 1
    Options
    hello! i also just joined MFP. hope we can be fitness buddies...:smile: