Off track ....

Options
I was hoping to start college the coming October , and I was really motivated to go lose my weight (100lbs) before I get there. It was going well and I lost around 20lbs in total in the first 2 months. However I've learned that I wasn't successful in my application and now its not certain that I'll go. I've been down in the dumps since, the few friends I had have moved away for college, and I'm really alone right now at home and I haven't weighed myself/exercised in 2 months, and cant stick to anything. I feel useless at everything in life.

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    show yourself that you can do this! Fresh air-walk! It will feel good. It's hard to exercise, but it feels good when you're done - you accomplished something!Don't beat yourself up! You did a lot of work in 2 months. and you can do this again!!!
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    The only way to get out of a funk is to GET UP! Even when you don't feel like it, because you know you should. Take a 10 minute walk everyday.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    What they said! It's one of the few things that gives instant gratification, is legal and is good for you!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You can either sit and carry on feeling useless, or you can make yourself useful and start doing the things in life that you are able to, and everyone is able to do something. Focus on what you can do, make good use of the time you have, and remember, college will still be there, and you can try again, or try another college. No human is useless anyway, remember that. Everyone has value, and that value does not lay in what you can and cannot do, or in what you achieve, but rather in who you are.
  • johncaraher
    johncaraher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You'll feel better if you can get back to taking care of yourself - and you've already proven that you can do what it takes by dropping those 20 pounds. College will be there when the circumstances are right; meanwhile, you've got to live your life!