Exercising on hot days

Options
Hello it's 39*C here and there is no way I can go for a walk. Anyone has ideas for activities that I can do at home that won't provoke a lot of sweating. I have fibroymyalgia AND get heat- affected really easily so it has to be gentle. I am sitting in a room with air-con, which is struggling to keep the room cool.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Summers are hot where I live too - I always try to get my workout done early in the morning to try to beat the heat. Always with all the fans on high! Can you get out and walk early in the morning? Like right at sunrise?
  • SuzanneKeeneFrancis
    Options
    Not a morning person and am at my stiffest then, but will go for a walk around the block or two this evening around 10pm, Will have to bring a torch - this heat will bring out the snakes too!
  • Youtube

Fitness Blender
    Class Fitsugar
    Tiffany Rothe
    Tae Bo
    Jillian Michaels

Im on the NSW/VIC border so spending the next week inside and will be doing some of these. I'll still hit the gym but not until around midnight.
  • candypa
    candypa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, so I asked my weight dr.
    1, In a sturdy chair with feet flat on the floor walk your feet out while sitting in the chair. You maybe able to take a couple of steps out, then back. Repeat as many times as possible.
    2. Walk back and forth in your house/apartment, so at least you are in the air conditioning.
    3. If you can lift any weights even if it is 1 lb. it may help build muscle.
    4. Do some stretching exercises with an exercise band.
    Don't forget to drink plenty of fluids. I hope this helps.
  • candypa
    Options
    If you have some toe tapping music to dance or move to.

Also, the Japanese do morning exercises - I was going to look into this for myself. When I saw some of the moves it looked very low impact.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    it hot there i'll trade you places it cold and winter wont leave me alone brrrr i know this has nothing to do with your post sorry
  • it hot there i'll trade you places it cold and winter wont leave me alone brrrr i know this has nothing to do with your post sorry

I'll swap I love Winter. Nothing better then curling up under the blankets with a good book. And I love walking around in my trackie pants. Hate Summer.
  • candypa
    Options
    Also, the Japanese do morning exercises - I was going to look into this for myself. When I saw some of the moves it looked very low impact.
    [/quote]

That is Tai Chi. There is many different fitness levels even people who are bed ridden maybe able to do some.