Shoes for Exercise that dont slide on Tile

Options
A retired runner, I have awesome running shoes. But new or old they both slide on the tile floor (which is all I have) when I do at home work outs. Exercise mats do not seem to help the issue. This serious hinders me as I can't go at 100% because I have to keep my balance. I would love to hear from people and their recommendations for shoes that have tread that wont slide when your doing downward dogs, planks, etc and the like. Thank you so much .

Replies

• JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of "work" shoes that look like tennis shoes from Red Wings... they feel wonderful on my feet and because they are work shoes, the bottoms are oil slip resistant...great on snow and ice too. These are less to slide. Just my thought... These are the shoes I exercise in.
  • mollytrichards
    mollytrichards Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got Nike Lunar Glide 4's and i love them!
    What home workouts do you do? :) Nice to meet you btw!
  • sartu
    sartu Posts: 15
    Options
    The workouts vary, I am slowly reintroducing myself to Jillian Michaels killer buns and thighs and Ripped in 30 s the latest ones I bought but realized I couldnt do some of the exercises because the lack of grip on the floor. I will soon cherry pick some of the p90x cardio x's but I have run into the same issues in the past.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my shoes. Then again I workout with my old shoes for which the grip has been entirely run down so that doesn't help much. I've been doing more and more of my workouts barefoot. Probably wouldn't suggest it for high jumping intensity.

It would be nice if there was just some sort of sticky powder thing you could just sprinkle on the sole to give it some grip.. That's oughta exist, actually... Where is it? xD
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    They make a spray that I used playing basketball. Can't recall right now what it's called but saw it recently at a big box sporting goods store. You will stick like glue and as far as I can tell leaves no residue.

Court grip
  • sartu
    sartu Posts: 15
    Options
    That's a great idea, I would have never even thought of that. - Thanks!