what is your biggest insecurity?

Options
I feel that is better to talk to people about insecurities rather than hiding them. My biggest insecurity is that I am uncomfortable in public. I feel like people stare at me and I'm being judged

Replies

• ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am not uncomfortable in public, but I am very insecure about how others perceive me so it makes me very self conscious
  • brandyanne0204
    brandyanne0204 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have so many insecurities. I do not feel comfortable going in public because I do not like the way I look. I feel like people are staring at me because of my weight. I am ready for a change so that I can feel better about going out in public.
  • halleyg2
    halleyg2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm insecure about everything at this time. Mainly because of the weight I gained and the clothes I now wear. Job interviews are the worst because I go in with no confidence whatsoever and it kills my chances right on the spot. I've always hated my body and care way too much about what others think. I should be over that at my age.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone else so I would say my insecurity levels pretty low..
  • MaxlacusNight
    MaxlacusNight Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @halley: I don't think that you ever 'get over' you have to learn that you are beautiful and take pride no matter what. Listen. I was 225lbs whenever I walked into an interview for a Quality Assurance job in a Live Vaccine Manufacturing plant. It pays very high and I knew that I would be doing a lot of physical activity. So did the people hiring me. They still hired me. They still gave me a chance. Was it a bit of a challenge? Yes! But I gave them my very best attitude and they gave me that chance. :) You can do it too!

My insecurities stem from being able to read peoples body language and facial expressions. I almost always know, in a general sense, what people are thinking. That kills me some times because I just KNOW they are judging me.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I am not uncomfortable in public, but I am very insecure about how others perceive me so it makes me very self conscious

this ^^^
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    meeting new people. i always think they're going to think i'm weird so i tend to be shy around new people, which can be difficult since i'm also an extrovert.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Definitely my body. Sometimes I'm happy with it, but most of the time I feel fat.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I HATE speaking in a public setting. A good example is large work meetings. I always feel like the dumbest person in the room and if I say anything everyone will know I am stupid. So I just don't talk. Terrible when it comes to moving forward in the company.
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm self concious about how I look naked in an intimate moment.
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I HATE speaking in a public setting. A good example is large work meetings. I always feel like the dumbest person in the room and if I say anything everyone will know I am stupid. So I just don't talk. Terrible when it comes to moving forward in the company.

Ditto! Bad thing is I know my ideas and strategies would be beneficial to the company I just can't publicly speak my mind.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options

Ditto! Bad thing is I know my ideas and strategies would be beneficial to the company I just can't publicly speak my mind.

That is me too Kim. I know I have great ideas but I can't get them past my lips.
  • jaimelynn01
    Options
    i feel old and so when im around people who are younger and in their "prime" i feel self conscious. i feel like i used to be pretty and now im just fat and old and seen to others as someone who may have looked ok at some point. sad thing is, im 33. im really not that old, but ive gotten in the habit of comparing my current self with my pre-baby self and with other girls and that is just such a detriment to my ego! i think my self image is so screwed up right now, i dont even know what i really look like in reality because of my own insecurities dont allow me to see anything thats good.

its a bummer:(
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have no fashion sense......I'm insecure about not being more trendy for my age.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My overall feeling of being inferior
  • lookfitnaked
    Options
    Our mind is our worst enemy out there.. We need more people to believe in what you have, because what you have is more than enough. This world we live in is filled with people putting each other down but it doesn't need to be that way, we all need a little pat on the back in this life to feel like what we are doing is making a difference. It is so important to go out of our way to say something nice to someone, make them realize that they are important, they matter in this life. In doing so you will help boost your own confidence level, dwelling on what our insecurities are isn't the way to overcome them. By making a concise effort to help others we will in turn be helping ourselves.
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options

this ^^^
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I feel judged by others way to easely. I worry too much about what others think of me. I feel dumb.

I also get insecure about the way I dress. My husband and I are very rich as in we love our little family and each other very much, but monetarily we don't have much. I don't have the newest styles of clothing or anything. Most of my clothing comes from Sally's...soo thats about it!:)
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think mine is that even though I lost all of my weight on my own, I still have a lot of extra skin and I'm embarassed of it and when I run at the gym I get scared that people are staring at me. :(