never hungry

Options
i started about a month ago, walking cutting down on my food and using mfp, but recently ive hardly been able to finish a cup of soup without feeling way too full!
i used to eat maybe 3-4 sandwiches for lunch now i struggle to eat half a sandwich,
is there something i am foing wrong? is this what ill be able to eat from now on hardly anything? is it going to cause long term trouble?
some advise would be amazing!
i know it probably seems stupid but im new to all of this! i was a huge eater!
ive even stopped eating junk food and soft drinks & havent missed them at all!

Replies

• hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ive even stopped eating junk food and soft drinks & havent missed them at all!

When I stopped eating the junk food, soft drinks and other sugary things I found my appetite was less than when I did eat those things.
  • diannamiller
    diannamiller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to not have an appetite. What's Mfp?
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I assumed that MFP = MyFitnessPal (ie this site).
  • 1994baileyboo
    Options
    yes mfp is this site! sorry, and yeah it feels great not having to eat much but i dont want it to affect my health long term :) thanks guys!
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food diary. Are you low-carbing, on purpose or maybe accidentally?

Fewer carbs for me = less insulin response = less hunger.
  • 1994baileyboo
    Options
    I can't see your food diary. Are you low-carbing, on purpose or maybe accidentally?

Fewer carbs for me = less insulin response = less hunger.

i generally have 1 slice of vegimite toast for breakfast, a salad sandwich ( cheese ham lettuce) for lunch and a cup of soup for tea. im not sure how you can view my diary?
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Vegemite - hello, fellow Aussie.

It's in your settings, but doesn't matter - you clearly aren't low-carbing, so that answers my question.
  • Scallyboo
    Scallyboo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! Started MFP on 2nd Jan.

I am low carbing in so far as I cut out bread and breakfast cereals - but I did it because I feel so much better and I've no bloating, but thats the extent of low carbing. I will eat some potatoes, wraps for lunch etc.

My allowance is 1200 calories a day. I could easily eat lunch (home made wrap and yogurt) and go home, and not eat anything else, but I make myself have some sort of dinner.

I eat eggs/nuts/fruit for breakfast.
    Approaching lunch time when everyone else is complaining of the hunger, I'm fine! I am eating my daily calories though.
    Its mad the way your apetite just disappears?