Workout DVDs

Options
I'm trying to find the best workout DVD to help me get fit. Any suggestions? I would love to hear about all of the ones you guys know about.

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like to do. The one that will get you the most fit is the one you will DO.
  • angel101netta
    angel101netta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love fitness dvds! I love collecting them too! I started off with leslie sansone, you can find alot of her workouts on you tube, she does a walking workout, shes great.
    I also do denise austin workouts , there is alot of them on you tube as well.
    I also do chris freytags workouts as well. I like doing alot of low impact excercises to avoid injury,
    I hope I have helped.
  • Kellyreen
    Kellyreen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the 30 day shred. I'm on my 15th day and in one week lost 3.5lbs. That felt great plus my cloths are nice and lose ahhh. It's intense but if you really push yourself you can get through it.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Ooo that depends on the TYPE of exercise you enjoy. Personally I'm a cardio kick boing type of freak- I've got tons of different versions of that; a few from Michelle Dozios, a few from Billy Blanks, a few from Chalene Johnson (turbo jam/ turbo fire). Maybe try some youtube videos and figure out what you enjoy? Some people like boot camp type stuff, some people like all dance.... Good luck!
  • RebeccaSparkless
    Options
    I like Cardio mostly and anything that will make me sweat (:
  • There is a lot of Carido workouts out there.. I truely like the ones from Beach Body and Zumba ones...
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ZCUT DVD's!

Or if you dont want to buy DVD's you can just look up ZWOW's on her site.

http://zuzkalight.com/
  • ktdidit78
    ktdidit78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Ellen Barrett - she has two older DVDs from SELF magazine that are great for hitting a great cardio range with a little bit of toning built in also. I also loved the challenge of the Crunch! gym DVDs, they can be pretty intense.

Zumba and Oula people seem to really enjoy too. They aren't my cup of tea, but I can see how they are good workouts.
  • jtkwood
    jtkwood Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Kettle WorX will make you sweat! Great workouts and burns a lot of calories in a very short amount of time.
  • Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone. She has many DVD's and online videos. I started "The Biggest Loser" DVD's a week ago and they are kicking my butt. The Cardio Max (Biggest Loser) DVD will make you want to kill the instructors but you feel so good doing them.

I don't know if you have Half-Price Books near you. They have a good selections of all different types of Work out DVD's.

Good Luck!
  • Kellyreen
    Kellyreen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have ondemand with your cable company but you can find some good workouts there as well.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I am on my third month of Supreme 90. It is a 3 month program that mixes strength training and HIIT type workouts. I have been really impressed with it. You get 10 DVDs, a schedule and eating program designed by Tosca Reno. The best part? It is only $10 on Amazon right now. I was pretty skeptical when I first heard about it but I read tons of reviews on amazon and other sites and it got great reviews. Can't recommend it enough.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My favorite HIIT workouts are les mills combat and tapout XT but here great things about turbo fire.
  • swillybay
    swillybay Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Kelly Coffey Meyer videos, 30 Minutes to Fitness, and there are a ton of them for variety. They give the best workouts in the shortest amount of time that I've seen, especially if you are limited to working out at home and you own your own dumbbells (I have from 2 lbs. up to 15 lbs.), and my body is literally changing shape because of them, and I can feel myself getting stronger all the time. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I just love them.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Belly Dancing, and anything Jillian michaels. Check out Youtube, and see if there are any you think you'd be interested in before buying. :)
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm an addict to pain and suffering in my workouts, so Insanity, P90X or P90X2 are my weapons of choice.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I really like the Tae-Bo Ones, they are a good full body workout. Or the Madonna Grimes ones are good also.