The 3pm chocolate bar

Options
Can't seem to help myself at work, at 3pm everyday reaching for the fundraiser chocolates. Even when still full from lunch, how can I break this habit? tried water, peppermint tea..........

Replies

• musicalboats
    Options
    Been there, still doing that! I usually try and have cracker/peanut butter sandwiches or a Strech Island fruit leather instead... I have admitted that yes, I do need a snack then, I just try and have something that actually fills me and makes me feel better instead of crashing twenty minutes later again... Maybe just try and find a better alternative? Make trail mix at home and bring it in? An orange?

ETA: Yes, I gave up on trying to break that habit, which doesn't actually answer your question... but I figure a better snack is better than the chocolate... if that makes sense...
  • rvhorsburgh
    rvhorsburgh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sounds like how your mother would answer - but - put fruit in you office. Eat an orange or apple. They stay fresh for over a week. I did the same thing for years and tried to break it with those flavored rice cakes. They are truly discussing though (carmel is almost edible).
  • kannd86
    kannd86 Posts: 42
    Options
    Chocolate is not bad. But the sugar is. Do you like dark chocolate? Reach for an 85% or higher chocolate bar instead of low quality sugar-is-the-first-ingredient fundraiser chocolate.
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Or dark chocolate covered rice cakes? I love these. But find it difficult to stop at one!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If possible, get rid of any chocolates near you/within the immediate area so you have to at least walk a distance to get one. If not start replacing one daily with something different. Natural peanut butter is great and super sweet. Or if you can't help yourself, portion control... if you nromally eat the whole thing, make yourself leave 1/4 for the next day... the next time you eat it, leave 1/2.. and so on until 1 bar can last you the whole week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i always have a 3pm snack, and then a 4.30 pre workout snack... snacks arent bad as long as they fit in your calories.

just try to go for something a bit healthier than chocolate!
  • Living91
    Options
    I eat carrot sticks between 10am-11am and an apple between 3pm-4pm and it has curbed my unhealthy snacking 100%.

I can't just eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with no inbetween snacks. I don't know how others do it :/ (or if they even do it!).
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories, then have it, and enjoy it.

There is no need to deprive yourself of everything you enjoy, and if it's going to keep you on track for the rest of your day knowing that you have a treat to look forward to, then plan it into your day.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love having little treats throughout the day, and 4pm is one of my moments where I like to have something. I normally have fruit and a really nice cup of coffee...take a break away from the screen and relax and enjoy it for ten minutes.
    I do try and have chocolate every day but seem to be in a routine of having one (from an expensive and worthy sleection box) a couple of hours after dinner and really savouring it.

Spend money on your chocolate and 1. It tastes a heck of a lot better 2. You wont be eating a lot of it in one go.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think it's more habit than a craving or being hungry. I need to replace chocolate with something healthy and get into that routine.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    get some gum like the extra dessert gum and chew a piece! so delicious
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Try replacing the chocolate with something healthy like ice cream
  • Ph03n1X
    Ph03n1X Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always keep the Fiber One 90 calorie bars around for snacks. They have peanut butter and chocolate, chocolate, and chocolate and caramel. A good way to get your chocolate fix without a bunch of calories and adding some fiber.
  • ladywendolyn
    ladywendolyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day... 100 cal portion. Once per day... I have learned that this keeps me from binging because I don't feel so deprived... But if its chocolate you want to give up for sure...
    Then try apple dipped in penute butter... Really yummy
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    carry only big bills in your purse (like Grants or Benjamins)... there's no way you'll be able to break them for the $1 chocolate fundraiser bar
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Tell those kids with the fundraiser to go suck rocks. Pull them selves up by the bootstraps and get there own bus to the park/museum/zoo.

Or just eat the chocolate and work it into your calorie goal.
  • Nettie96fb
    Options
    calorie free mints...do it for me
  • ZombieFoodSlayer
    Options
    I have found a super hot cup of sugar free hot chocolate really hits the spot!! You can check out my diary!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I've had the most delicious cookies at 7pm lately...

but I'm still in my calories, so I smile and dance my way out of the kitchen.

If that is your main weakness... then work your plan around it if you don't want to give it up.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I say eat a PIECE of chocolate if you have a bad craving but stop at a piece. If you are a chocolate person (like me) go for the dark stuff. I like the individually wrapped 72% Ghiradelli squares. Once a big bar of chocolate is opened, it is hard to stop! :) Dark chocolate can satisfy your craving while eating less of it than milk chocolate. I am kind of a chocolate snob, so I recommend going with the higher quality chocolate and eating less of it.